University Heights, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Ward Sutherland|
|• Total||0.7 km2 (0.3 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,105 m (3,625 ft)|
|• Average Income||$43,079|
|Website||University Heights Community Association|
University Heights is a residential neighbourhood in the north-west quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is located south of the University of Calgary, McMahon Stadium, the Alberta Children's Hospital and Foothills Hospital. It is a relatively small neighbourhood and is bounded to the north by 24 Avenue N, to the east by University Drive, to the south by 16 Avenue N (Trans-Canada Highway) and to the west by Shaganappi Trail.
Stephen Harper, Canada's current Prime Minister, lived in this neighbourhood while attending school in Calgary.
In the City of Calgary's 2012 municipal census, University Heights had a population of  With a land area of 0.8 km2 (0.31 sq mi), it had a population density of 3,660/km2 (9,500/sq mi) in 2012.2,928 living in 1,380 dwellings, a 1.3% increase from its 2011 population of 2,890.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $43,079 in 2000, and there were 30.3% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 28% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 64.6% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 66.5% of the housing was used for renting.
There are 2 schools in this neighbourhood:
- Sir William Van Horne High School
- University Elementary School.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "University Heights Community Statistics". Retrieved 2007-05-21.
- "2012 Civic Census Results". City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 1 Profile". Retrieved 2007-05-21.
||Varsity||University of Calgary||Charleswood|
|Parkdale||St. Andrews Heights||Hounsfield Heights-Briar Hill|