University Heights SDA, Saskatoon
|University Heights SDA|
|• Water||0 km2 (0 sq mi) 0%|
|62,152 projected 2025|
|Area code(s)||Area code 306|
University Heights Suburban Development Area (SDA) is an area in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (Canada). It is a part of the east side community of Saskatoon. It lies (generally) south of the outskirts of the City and the Rural Municipality of Corman Park No. 344, east of the South Saskatchewan River, and Lawson SDA, north of the Lakewood SDA, and Nutana SDA.
- 1 Future Centre
- 2 Neighborhoods
- 3 Recreation Facilities
- 4 Education
- 5 Library
- 6 Transportation
- 7 References
- 8 External links
This area at the beginning of the 21st century is one of the fastest growing neighborhoods of Saskatoon. Currently the Multidimensional park is coming together, incorporating outdoor soocer fields, St. Joseph's High School, Indoor soccer fields, artificial turf football field, Alice Turner Library, Fire Hall, Collegiate, and recycling depot.
There are seven areas for expansion in the University Heights SDA
- University Heights Suburban Centre
- Willowgrove (2004)
- Evergreen (2011)
- Neighbourhood 2 growth in 2022
- Neighbourhoods 3-5 projected expansion
Ideally, the city wishes to implement servicing to neighbourhood 1 so that lots are available in 2010.
- Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park and Zoo
- Saskatoon Field House
- Saskatoon Natural Grassland conservation area located east of the Forestry Farm Park and Zoo
- Petturson's Ravine located north of the Regional Psychiatric Centre, east of the South Saskatchewan River and west of the proposed new neighbourhood developments and across the road from the Saskatoon Natural Grassland conservation area.
- The Peggy McKercher Conservation Area, was dedicated on Tuesday, September 15, 2009, 2:00 pm This new 22.8-acre (92,300 m2) park is located north on Central Avenue past the Saskatoon Regional Psychiatric Centre and past Petturson's Ravine situated on the river bank.
University Heights SDA is home to the following schools:
- Saskatoon Public Library Alice Turner Branch Library
The neighbourhoods are served by Central Avneue, McOrmond Drive, Fedoruk Drive, Attridge Drive which are main streets of the city. There will be a perimeter highway around the northern sector. Saskatchewan Highway 5 enters this north eastern SDA of Saskatoon. SK Hwy 5 runs past the Patience Lake Potash mine, Humboldt, and Kamsack to the Manitoba border.
In May 2013 the City confirmed plans to build a north commuter bridge connecting with McOrmond Drive within the SDA.
The following routes serve the area; some of these only serve the University of Saskatchewan and are so listed. There are bus terminals on the University campus and on 115th Street.
- 1 Wildwood - Westview (U of S only)
- 3 College Park - Riversdale
- 4 Willowgrove - Dundonald
- 5 Briarwood - Fairhaven (U of S only)
- 6 Clarence - Broadway (U of S only)
- 13 Lawson - Exhibition (U of S only)
- 21 Forest Grove - City Centre
- 50 Lakeview - Pacific Heights (U of S only)
- 60 Lakeridge - Confederation (U of S only)
- 70 Silverspring - Lawson Heights
- 80 Erindale/Arbor Creek - Silverwood Heights
- Selling an Idea or a Product URL accessed January 27, 2007
- Silverspring Future Park URL accessed January 30, 2007
- "City of Saskatoon · Departments · Community Services · City Planning · University Heights Sector Plan". City of Saskatoon. Retrieved 2009-09-18.[dead link]
- Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park & Zoo URL accessed January 27, 2007
- City of Saskatoon - Saskatoon Field House URL accessed January 27, 2007
- "New Conference - Meewasin Dedicates Peggy McKercher Conservation Area". Meewasin. 2005, September 14, 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-18. It was closed on September 18, 2009. There is a building within the fenced off area.
- Saskatoon Public Library Alice Turner Branch Library URL accessed January 27, 2007
- City of Saskatoon City of Saskatoon · Departments · Community Services · City Planning · ZAM Maps
- Populace Spring 2006
||Corman Park No. 344|
|South Saskatchewan River / Lawson SDA||Holmwood SDA|
|Nutana SDA / Lakewood SDA / Holmwood|