University of Évry Val d'Essonne
|University of Évry-Val d'Essonne|
|Université d'Évry-Val d'Essonne|
|Location||Évry, Île-de-France, France|
|Affiliations||UniverSud Paris, Ministry of Higher Education and Research, Versailles Academy, Cap Digital, Systematic Paris-Region, ASTech, Medicen, Finance Innovation|
The Université d'Évry Val-d'Essonne (Université d'Évry Val-d'Essonne or UEVE) is a French public university located in Évry (nearly of Paris), Île-de-France, France and is one of the six founding members of UniverSud Paris.
This University founded in 1991 (by Decree ), is located in a “ville nouvelle” which is dynamic and constantly evolving. The city of Évry is home to many firms (Accor, Carrefour etc.), the largest mall in Île-de-France and a national theatre.
There are more than 160 curricula from 2-year undergraduate degrees to the doctoral level, over half of which are professionally oriented. The University offers courses in Science, Technology, Law, Economics, Management and the Social Sciences.
Today, the university counts more than 10 000 students (data from April 2008) in both initial and ongoing training and the university has built a reputation as a center of excellence.
Thanks to 18 laboratories and 3 doctoral schools, the university is also a significant research centre developing major projects, in particular those concerning Biology in conjunction with the French National Sequencing Center (Genoscope).
- 1 Academics
- 2 International relations
- 3 Notable
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Unité de Formation et de Recherche (UFR)
The Savary Law of 1984 restructered academic departments in French universities. Each department was made into a UFR, "Unité de formation et de recherche" or Research and Formation Unit that offers both undergraduate and graduate programs. Each UFR of University is governed by a director elected from the department and heads over a council of elected professors who control its curriculum.
- Law and Political Science
- Social Sciences of Management
- Management - Administration Economic and Social
- Languages, Arts and Music
- Arts - Music
- Applied Foreign Languages
- Fundamental and Applied Sciences
- Science and Technology of Sports and Physical Activities
- Science and Technology
- Science and Technology
- Engineering Sciences
University Institute of Technology
- Marketing Techniques
- Thermal Engineering and Energy
- Business Management and Administration
- Mechanical and Production Engineering
- Logistics and Transport Management
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering
- Science and Engineering
- Quality, Industrial Logistics and Organisation
Nationally assessed laboratories and research teams support Doctoral Schools which are based on one or several fields of study. In addition to high-level training in a discipline, the Doctoral Schools assist future doctors in the preparation of their career by creating bridges with private enterprise and the economic environment.
- "Science and Engineering"
- "From Genomes to Organisms"
- "Economics, Management and Locale"
(Selected, just to indicate the variety—for complete lists see, List of the Doctoral Schools - official website)
Humanities and Society
- Laboratory of Social and Economic History of Technology
- "Pierre Naville" Center
- Search Arts Entertainment Music (MSAR)
- "Leon Duguit" Center for the Study of the new law changes
- "Statistics and Genome" Laboratory
- Molecular Immunology and Innovative Biotherapies
- European Research Laboratory for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Institute for Systems Biology and Synthetic (ISSB)
- Laboratory Structure - Activity of Normal and Pathological Biomolecules
- Metabolic Genomics
- Institute of Stem Cells for the Treatment and Study of Monogenic Diseases (I-STEM)
- Unit of Integrative Biology of adaptation to exercise
- Research Unit Plant Genomics (URGV)
Science and Technologies of Information and Communication
- Computing, Integrative Biology and Complex Systems (IBISC)
Basic Sciences and Engineering
- Analysis and Modeling Laboratory for Biology and Environment
- "Kastler Brossel" Laboratory
- Analysis and Probability
- Laboratory of Mechanics and Energetics of Évry
The University of Évry has established links with many foreign universities. The agreements allow for exchanges of both students and professors. They concern the five continents.
- Professor Karine Saporta
- Professor Olivier Le Cour Grandmaison
- Professor Michel Caboche
- Professor Jérôme Glachant
- Professor Jean-Pierre Durand