University of Bath School of Management
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (January 2011)|
|University of Bath School of Management|
|Dean||Professor Veronica Hope Hailey|
|Location||Bath, United Kingdom|
|Affiliations||University of Bath|
The University of Bath School of Management in Bath, England, is the international business school of University of Bath. Established in 1966, it is one of the oldest business schools in the UK and is continually ranked as one of the top schools in the UK and the world.
It offers a range of programmes including undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD, as well as executive education for individuals and organisations. The Bath MBA is offered as a one-year full-time programme or as a part-time Executive programme.
Bath is one of a number of international business schools who has been accredited by EQUIS, the European Foundation for Management Development's (EFMD) quality inspectorate. The Bath MBA Bath has been fully accredited since 1976 by the Association of MBAs (AMBA).
The University of Bath School of Management offers a range of degree programmes from undergraduate through to doctoral and post-experience programmes including an MBA programme. The following programmes are currently offered by the school:
- BSc Business Administration
- BSc International Management
- BSc Management
- BSc Accounting & Finance
- BSc International Management & Modern Languages
- BSc Management with Marketing
- MSc in Accounting & Finance
- MSc in Advanced Management Practice
- MSc in Finance
- MSc in Finance with Banking
- MSc in Finance with Risk Management
- MSc in Human Resource Management & Consulting
- MSc in Innovation & Technology Management
- MSc in International Management
- MSc in Management
- MSc in Marketing
- MSc in Sustainability & Management
The Bath MBA
The Bath MBA is an intensive programme designed for mature individuals with several years' relevant, postgradaute experience. The programme is available in both full-time and part-time, executive formats.
The Bath MBA has been AMBA-accredited since 1976.
The School offers three research degrees: a PhD, a specialist Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) in Higher Education Management and an Engineering Doctorate (EngD).
In 2013, Bath’s MBA programme was ranked in the top 10 UK schools in the Financial Times global top 100 ranking of MBA programmes. The programme was also ranked 4th in the UK and 7th in Europe for research.
Also in 2013, the Executive MBA programme ranked 11th in the global Economist's Executive MBA ranking and 2nd within the UK.
The School of Management has a faculty of 90 teaching and research staff, including visiting academics, with a support team of around 70 managerial and administrative staff. All academics are members of a teaching subject group, a research cluster and often a research centre/ network. Each teaching subject group has a group convenor or head and each research centre has a director.
- Accounting and Finance
- Business, Society and Business Economics
- Information, Decision and Operations
- Organisation Studies
- Strategic and International Management
Research Centres/ Networks
- Centre for Business, Organisations and Society (CBOS)
- Centre for Governance and Regulation (CGR)
- Centre for International Business & Management (CIBAM)
- Centre for Research in Advertising and Consumption (CRiAC)
- Centre for Research in Strategic Purchasing and Supply (CRiSPS)
- Centre for Strategic Risk & Insurance (CSRI)
- Work and Employment Research Centre (WERC)
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Research Group (EIRG)
- Lean and Agile Research Group (LARG)
- Management Research in Action (MaRIA)
- Justin King, CEO, Sainsbury’s
- Bob Wigley, Chairman, Merrill Lynch International (Europe, Middle East and Africa)
- Athena Andreadis, Musician
- Tony Illsley, Former President, Walker Snack Foods (PepsiCo)
- Neil Fox, DJ and TV presenter known as "Dr Fox"
- Russell Senior, ex Pulp guitarist
- Lord Terry Thomas, CBE Former chairman, Northwest Development Agency (1999–2002) and former Managing Director of the Co-operative Bank
- The Economist, Executive MBA Rankings 2013, Retrieved 2014-01-07.
- "Financial Times Global MBA Rankings 2013". Financial Times. Retrieved 2014-01-07.
- "Masters in Management 2013". Financial Times. Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- "Masters in Finance Pre-experience 2013". Financial Times. Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- "1st for Student Satisfaction in Business Studies". National Student Survey. Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- "1st for Accounting and Finance, The Times & The Sunday Times 2014". The Times & The Sunday Times. Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- "EQUIS Accredited Schools". European Foundation for Management Development. Retrieved 2008-10-07.
- "AMBA Accredited Schools". Association of MBAs. Retrieved 2008-10-07.
- "Research Assessment Exercise". Higher Education Funding Council for England. Retrieved 2008-10-07.