University of Development Alternative
|University Of Development Alternative (UODA)|
|Motto||Education for Human Development|
|President||Professor Mujib Khan|
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor Dr. Emajuddin Ahmed|
|Location||Dhaka, 1st class, Bangladesh|
|Affiliations||University Grant Commission Bangladesh|
The University Of Development Alternative (UODA) (Bengali: ইউনিভার্সিটি অব ডেভেলপমেন্ট অল্টারনেটিভ) is a private university in Bangladesh. It offers four-year honors degrees in ten subjects under four faculties and several master's programs. It's campuses are in Dhanmondi, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
A group of individuals formed a non-profit and non-political social organization, the Student Welfare Organization of Bangladesh (SWOB) in 1978 for guiding the youth. To achieve SWOB's mission, the College of Development Alternative (CODA) was founded in 1992 and the School of Development Alternative (SODA) in 1996. The University of Development Alternative has started it's journey in 2002. The three institutions embody the original vision of a system of Complete Education for Alternative Development (CEFAD), imparting technical and social education from childhood to maturity.
In 2002 the government of Bangladesh approved the University Of Development Alternative (UODA). Under four faculties, UODA offers four-year honors degrees in 14 subjects. The University also facilitates post graduate education (Master's).
School of Arts
- Department of English offers a Bachelor's degree
- Department of Fine Arts offers a Bachelor's degree, BFA and an Master's Degree MFA
- Department of Music
- Department of Bengali (Bangla)
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Law and Human Rights
- Department of Communication and Media Studies (CMS) offers a Bachelor's degree
- Department of English
- Department of pharmacy
School of Life Science
The School of Life Science is the largest faculty. The departments are:
- The Department of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering
- Department of Molecular Medicine and Bioinformatics (MMB)
- Department of Pharmacy
School of Engineering and Communication
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) offers a Bachelor's degree
- Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (ETE) offers a Bachelor's degree
- Department of Mathematics (BSc Math) offers a Bachelor's degree
School of Business Administration
- The College of Development Alternative (CODA), is a full-day college for teenagers with more than 25 units in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The college was established under the CEFAD program to imply it's concept. The education system of this college is semester based. Students are to wear grey trousers, white shirt and grey necktie as their uniform.
- School of Development Alternative (SODA) is a school for children established under light of same concept of CEFAD. The school has many units at the Dhanmondi area of Dhaka city.
- SHOMOTA is one of the concerns of this group working for poor children's education. The students of UODA work there to educate poor children who do not have the ability to have the primary education.
- Alternative Baby Care is a baby care center established by the education group.
Bangladesh Universities Grants Commission (UGC), Dhaka, Bangladesh, accredits UODA.
- University admission webportal
- Educational web portal of Bangladesh
- An Educational webportal of Bangladesh
- Complete Educational Website. Know about Your University
|This article about education in Bangladesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|