University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine
|College of Veterinary Medicine|
|Dean||Dr. James Lloyd|
|Location||Gainesville, Florida, USA|
The University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine is the veterinary school of the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida. Founded in 1976, it is one of six schools that compose the J. Hillis Miller Health Science Center
The college is organized into six units: College Administration, the Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences (LACS), the Department of Infectious Diseases and Pathology, the Department of Physiological Sciences, the Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences (SACS), and the UF Veterinary Hospitals.
The UF Veterinary Hospitals include the UF Small Animal Hospital and the UF Large Animal Hospital. The UF Veterinary Hospitals are a major animal referral center in the Southeast. An estimated 44,000 animals are seen and treated each year at the UF Veterinary Hospitals and through field visits.
Don Samuelson, a professor at University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine, was arrested and released on $20,000 bond. According to a police report, Samuelson used a camera pen to film two female students on four separate occasions in 2013. He claimed he secretly filmed under the females clothing to determine whether they had improperly failed to wear undergarments to class, "acknowledging that this activity was 'inappropriate.'" After the police seized Samuelson's videotaping device, they found "upskirt" and "downshirt" videos along with footage of "females working in Samuelson's laboratory and/or meeting with him in his office."
- "Pervy Professor Cops Plea In Voyeurism Case". The Smoking Gun. 18 February 2014. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- Moye, David (23 september 2013). "Don A. Samuelson, Veterinary Professor, Allegedly Used Camera Pen To Prove Student Wore No Underwear". Huffington Post. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- Moran, Lee (24 September 2013). "Florida professor arrested for taking up-skirt and cleavage shots with camera pen Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/professor-arrested-up-skirt-shots-camera-pen-article-1.1465728#ixzz2thV4uH1G". NY Daily News. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- Official website
- Info about the Health Science Center
- Online courses in Aquatic Animal Health from UF CVM
- Online courses from the Maddie's Shelter Medicine Program
- Gainesville Sun info about the College
- About the Clinical Services they provide
- Capital Campaign info for the College
- Gainesville Sun Article about the College
- Gainesville Sun article about the new Animal Hospital
|This article on a southern United States institution of higher education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|