University of Huddersfield Business School
||This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (December 2012)|
The University of Huddersfield Business School is a school of the University of Huddersfield in West Yorkshire. It consists of four academic departments: Accountancy & Finance; Law (known as the Law School); Leadership & Management and Strategy & Marketing. In addition, the School has a Business Placement Unit and an Academic Skills Unit. Since September 2012, Transport, Logistics, Tourism and Hospitality have also joined the Business School.
The School was completed and opened in September 2010. Its construction was funded by a £16.5 million investment from the University. The School has four floors, containing several teaching rooms, computer labs, toilet facilities, a cafe, staff offices (for all component departments of the School) and a main reception.
- The Dean of the School is Professor Chris Cowton.
- The Head of the Department of Accountancy is Wilma Teviotdale.
- The acting Head of the Department of Law is Sean Curley. Dr Paul Richards retired in early 2012.
- The Head of the Department of Leadership and Management is Janet Handley.
- The Head of the Department of Strategy and Marketing is Dr John Anchor.