University of Iowa College of Public Health
|University of Iowa College of Public Health|
|Location:||Iowa City, IA, USA|
|Website:||University of Iowa College of Public Health|
The University of Iowa College of Public Health is one of eleven colleges based in The University of Iowa. Established on July 1, 1999, the college's roots originate in the Department of Preventive Medicine and Environmental Health and the Graduate Program in Hospital and Health Administration, both formerly based in the University of Iowa College of Medicine.
The college is composed of five departments: biostatistics, community and behavioral health, epidemiology, health management and policy, and occupational and environmental health.
The College of Public Health is ranked No. 9 among other publicly supported schools of public health and No. 16 among all public and private schools of public health in U.S. News and World Report’s "America's Best Graduate Schools 2012". The college's Master of Health Administration degree program is ranked No. 7 among public universities and No. 14 among all public and private universities. The doctoral program in Biostatistics continues to be ranked No. 25 among graduate statistics programs in public universities and No. 40 compared to both public and private universities.
In late 2011, the college anticipates completion of a new building that will serve as its permanent academic home. The building is designed according to Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) principles. 
- 1 Mission
- 2 Degrees and Certificates
- 3 External links
The mission of the UI CPH is to promote health and prevent injury and illness through commitment to education and training, excellence in research, innovation in policy development, and devotion to public health practice.
Degrees and Certificates
The College of Public Health offers a variety of degrees and programs, including the Master of Public Health, Master of Science, Master of Health Administration, and Doctor of Philosophy. There are also many combined-degree options between the College of Public Health and other colleges, as well as certificates programs.
Community and Behavioral Health
Health Management and Policy
Occupational and Environmental Health
- Agricultural Safety and Health: M.S., Ph.D.
- Ergonomics: M.P.H.
- Industrial Hygiene: M.S., Ph.D.
- Occupational and Environmental Health: M.P.H. M.S., Ph.D., Occupational Medicine Residency
Degree Programs for Professionals
Other Combined Degree Opportunities
- Combined degree in Business: M.H.A.
- Combined degree in Law: M.P.H., M.H.A.
- Combined degree in Medicine: M.P.H.
- Combined degree in Nursing: M.P.H.
- Combined degree in Pharmacy: M.P.H.
- Combined degree in Veterinary Medicine: M.P.H.
- Combined degree in Urban and Regional Planning: M.H.A., M.S.
- University of Iowa College of Public Health
- The Upper Midwest Preparedness and Emergency Response Learning Center