University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh
|University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh|
|Motto||"A NEW VISION IN HIGHER EDUCATION"|
|Chancellor||President Abdul Hamid|
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor Imran Rahman|
|Students||3,700 as of Spring 2013|
|Colors||Blue and Gold|
|Affiliations||University Grants Commission Bangladesh|
University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh (Bengali: লিবারেল আর্টস বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় বাংলাদেশ) (ULAB) is a Private liberal arts-based University in Dhanmondi, Dhaka, Bangladesh. Founded in February 2002, permission to open was received from the University Grants Commission (UGC) of Bangladesh in November 2003, pursuant to the Private University Act 1992. ULAB incorporates the values of Liberal Arts and Sustainability into its curricula, through its General Education Department and its Center for sustainable development (CSD). ULAB is a research-intensive University, with multiple research opportunities for its faculty members and students.
Degree-Granting Programs (UGC Approved)
ULAB offers programs of study in the following undergraduate subjects:
ULAB also offers the following graduate degrees:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
- Masters in Communication (formerly Master of Social Science in Media Studies and Journalism)
ULAB has one non-degree-granting department, which runs the required courses to fulfill a liberal arts curriculum:
- General Education Department (GED)
ULAB has seven centers which conduct research, run workshops and conferences; promote knowledge creation, and advocate best practices.
- Center for Sustainable Development (CSD)
- Center for Enterprise and Society (CES)
- Center for Bangla Studies (CBS) (original name: Center for Bangla Language and Literature.)
- Center for Archaeological Studies (CAS)
- Dhaka Translation Center (DTC)
- Bengal Lights Literary Journal
- Center for Language Studies (CLS)
- University Grants Commission Bangladesh
- Private University Act, 1992
- Mission and Values
- Center for Sustainable Development
- daily sun | First Page | Pvt universities do little research work|accessdate=2013-03-07
- http://www.ulab.edu.bd/Academics/degrees-offered/ Degrees Offered
- "MSS in MSJ renamed to Masters in Communication". University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh. Retrieved 28 November 2013.
- http://www.ulab.edu.bd/CSD/center-for-sustainable-development/ Center for Sustainable Development (CSD)
- http://www.ulab.edu.bd/CES/center-for-enterprise-and-society/ Center for Enterprise and Society (CES)
- http://www.ulab.edu.bd/CBS/center-for-bangla-studies/ Center for Bangla Studies (CBS)
- http://education.bangladeshinfo.com/2552/ulab-launches-bangla-research-centre.html/ ULAB launches Bangla research centre
- "Archeology at ULAB". University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh. Retrieved 23 November 2013.
- Kar, Amitava (22 November 2013). "Stick a Babel Fish in Your Ear". The Daily Star. Retrieved 23 November 2013.
- Alamgir, Rohini and Rumana Habib (23 November 2013). "In translation". Dhaka Tribune. Retrieved 23 November 2013.
- "Bengal Lights Literary Journal". Bengal Lights. Retrieved 22 February 2015.