University of Management and Technology, Lahore
|University of Management and Technology (UMT)|
|Rector||Dr. Hasan Sohaib Murad|
|Director||Abid H K Shirwani|
|Academic staff||650+ (including 360+ faculty members with 85 PhDs and 20 HEC approved supervisors)|
|Location||Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan|
The University of Management and Technology (UMT) (Urdu: یونیورسٹی آف مینیجمنٹ اینڈ ٹیکنالوجی) is a private university located in Johar Town, Lahore, Pakistan. The university is government-chartered and is recognized by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan. The university is a project of ILM Trust.
Founded in 1990 as the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM), the university is now an independent institution of higher learning offering a broad range of bachelor, master and doctoral degree programs in 150+ disciplines. The Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan awarded W4 rating to the university in February, 2012.
The university is a member of Asia Pacific Quality Network (APQN), The Association of Advance Collegiate Institutions of Business (AACSB), Association of Management Development Institutions in South Asia (AMDISA), Association of Management Development Institutions in Pakistan (AMDIP) and European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD).
The BS Electrical Engineering degree program offered by the university is accredited by Pakistan Engineering Council. MBA and BBA degree programs offered by the university are accredited by NBEAC. BS programs in computer science and software engineering are accredited by the NCEAC. AMDISA has awarded Full SAQS accreditation for a period of five years to the business school of the university.
The university is a project of ILM Trust. The Trust started its educational pursuits 19 years back by establishing Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM). The institute received degree-granting charter first as the Institute of Management and Technology (IMT) in 2002 through an Act of the Assembly of the Punjab. Later, on 16 June 2004, IMT became University of Management and Technology through the passing of a similar Act by the Punjab Assembly.
The university offers bachelor, master and doctoral degree programs in 150+ disciplines such as Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Banking and Finance, Business and IT, Computer Science, Economics, Education, Electrical Engineering, Aviation, Management, Supply Chain, Textile Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Information Systems, Linguistics, Media and Communication, Agri-business, School Management, Social Sciences, Educational Leadership Management, Law, English Language Teaching. Electrical Engineering has been accredited by Pakistan Engineering Council(PEC).
Schools and Institutes
- School of Business and Economics (SBE)
- School of Science and Technology (SST)
- School of Social Sciences and Humanities (SSH)
- School of Professional Advancement (SPA)
- School of Textile and Design (STD)
- School of Law and Policy (SLP)
- School of Engineering (SEN)
- School of Governance and Society (SGS)
- School of Commerce and Accountancy (SCA)
- School of Advanced Studies (SAS)
- School of Health Sciences (SHS)
- Institute of Applied Sciences (IAS)
- Institute of Islamic Banking (IIB)
- Institute of Communication and Cultural Studies (ICCS)
- Institute of Trade Competitiveness and Sustainability (ITCS)
The main campus is spread over 160 kanals. It has an academic block, library and learning resource center, spacious classrooms, well-equipped science and engineering laboratories, facilities for indoor/outdoor sports and a newly built cafeteria. Facilities are continuously being added and development and extension work is in progress. A beautiful mosque and a new building is under-construction in the premises of main campus.
A sub-campus of the university was formally opened in Sialkot on May 02, 2012. The campus is spread over 20 kanals of land and is situated in Small Industrial Estate road which is the central part of Sialkot city. Sialkot sub-campus of the university has several multimedia classrooms, laboratories, computer labs furnished with state-of-the art computers, campus wide WiFi internet facility, well-stocked learning resources, tuck shop, offices and surveillance system. For extracurricular activities, a dedicated 56 kanals of land has been acquired near Daska.
Located inside the main campus, the computer center (called as Information Processing Center) provides computing facilities. It is equipped with advanced IT equipment including 286 Intel® Core™ i5 Systems, 130 Intel® Core™ i3 Systems, 4 computer classrooms with 42 PCs each, 2 HP 9050 laser printers, 14 Mbps CIR Internet bandwidth, color printers, and scanners and CD/DVD writers.
Quality Enhancement Cell
QEC was established in the university in June 2009 to put a focused attention on Quality Assurance aspect of Education. QEC operates for the execution of QA policies designed by QAA/HEC with uniformity of pace and standards.
Library & Services
The university supports its academic programs and research initiatives through an automated library, on-site collections and a variety of online services.
The university hostels are situated at Wahdat Road. The hostels offer independent messing and recreation areas.
Clubs & Societies
- Health Wellness Club
- Blood Donors
- Umtech Society
- UMT Gaming Club
- UMT Sports Club
- Adab - UMT Literary Society
- AKS Photography Club
- UMT Rovers Crew
- Overseas Participants Club (OPC)
- Bulls Eye - Rifle Shooting Club
- Khateeb - UMT Debating Club
- Dramatic Club
- Gals Zone
- Fine Arts Club
- Social Welfare Society
- EPS - Environment Protection Society
- UMT Finance Club
- Learning Activities (Scope)
- UMT Ushers Club
- Academic Development
- English Language
- Law and Policy
- Management Development
- Supply Chain Research
- Globally Responsible Leaders
- Women Studies
- Organization Theory
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Vision and Image Processing (VIP)
- Center for Ijtehad
- Knowledge Management Center
- Retail And Services Marketing
The university has international collaborations with 7 leading international universities.
- South West University of Finance and Economics, China
- University of Bedfordshire, UK
- Multimedia University, Malaysia
- Stockholm University, School of Business, Sweden
- Eastern Michigan University (EMU)
- Near East University
- Marmara University
- Meliksah University
- Fatih University
Scholarships and Financial Assistance
- Merit Scholarships are granted to the participants seeking admission in bachelors degree programs at the time of admission on submission of proof of marks/grades obtained in the Intermediate/A-Level examination.
- Brothers and sisters of alumni as well as current students receive tuition fee waivers depending upon the number of their brothers and sisters who have studied or are currently enrolled in any degree program.
- The university offers discount for ILM colleges students.
- Misbah-ul-Haq (Cricketer, Pakistan National Cricket Team)
- Sajjad Karim (Member of the European Parliament)
- Saood Qaseem (Regional Coordinator, Institute for Market Ecology)