University of Minnesota College of Education and Human Development
The College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) is one of seventeen colleges and professional schools at the University of Minnesota. CEHD departments are located on both the East Bank and St. Paul campuses.
The college was founded in 1905 as the Department of Pedagogy. In 2006 the College of Education and Human Development became part of a newly organized college that now includes the former General College (Department of Postsecondary Teaching and Learning) and two units of the former College of Human Ecology (the School of Social Work and the Department of Family Social Science).
As of fall 2012 it enrolled 4,984 students and employed 189 tenured and tenure-track faculty. Living alumni total more than 70,000.
The College of Education and Human Development is a leader in discovering, creating, sharing, and applying principles and practices of multiculturalism and multidisciplinary scholarship to advance teaching and learning and to enhance the psychological, physical, and social development of children, youth, and adults across the lifespan in families, organizations, and communities.
1,562 degrees granted during 2011-12 (700 B.S., 511 M.Ed., 351 masters and advanced graduate degrees). In addition, 417 students completed post baccalaureate teacher licensure.
Jean K. Quam, dean
Heidi Barajas, associate dean for engagement, diversity, and undergraduate programs
Deborah Dillon, associate dean for graduate, professional, and international programs
David R. Johnson, senior associate dean for research and policy
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Educational Psychology
- Family Social Science
- Institute of Child Development
- Organizational Leadership, Policy, and Development
- Postsecondary Teaching and Learning
- School of Kinesiology
- School of Social Work
Collegewide Research Centers
- Center for Applied Research and Educational Improvement
- Center for Early Education and Development
- Institute on Community Integration
- Learning Technologies Media Lab
- Minnesota Center for Reading Research
- STEM Education Center
- University of Minnesota Child Development Center
- College of Education and Human Development official Web site.
|This University of Minnesota-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|