University of North Texas Discovery Park
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (May 2011)|
The University of North Texas Discovery Park, formerly Research Park, is a satellite research facility of the University of North Texas. Discovery Park is located in Denton, Texas, north of the main campus on U.S. 77. In January 2004 the 550,000-square-foot (51,000 m2) facility (formerly occupied by Texas Instruments) opened to students and used by the College of Engineering and College of Information. The facility houses offices and labs for the Departments of Engineering Technology, Computer Science and Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, the newly created Department of Electrical Engineering, Library and Information Science and Learning Technologies. The Center for Technology Development and Transfer (CTDT) began operations in 2006. The Department of Mechanical and Energy Engineering was added in 2007. In addition, the College of Information joined in 2008.
The University of North Texas Discovery Park Library is separated into two areas, the circulation room and the reference library.
UNT Research Park is located at 3401 North Elm Street, Denton, TX 76207.
- UNT Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- UNT Department of Electrical Engineering
- UNT Department of Engineering Technology
- UNT Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- UNT Department of Mechanical and Energy Engineering
- UNT Department of Library and Information Science
- UNT Department of Learning Technologies
|This article about a building or structure in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|