University of Pembangunan Nasional Veteran
|Pembangunan Nasional Veteran University|
|Motto||Progressive Independent Modern Trusted|
|Established||5 July 1959|
|President||Professor Teguh Sudarto|
|Admin. staff||315 (AY 2009-10)|
|Undergraduates||8.350 (AY 2009-10)|
|Postgraduates||215 (AY 2009-10)|
|Colors||Yellow, green, red|
The University of Pembangunan Nasional Veteran East Java abbreviated as UPN Veteran is a private university in Indonesia, located at Surabaya municipality, Province of East Java. It was established on 5 July 1959 by Indonesian Veterans of Independence War. Pembangunan Nasional means National Development.
- From 1959 to 1965 it was named the Academy of Corporate Administration Veteran Surabaya Branch.
- In 1968 it changed its name to the National Higher Education Development "Veteran" East Java Branch.
- From 1976 to 1994 it was in transition as Veteran East Java Branch as an official university under the guidance of the Department of Defense and Security Affairs.
- In 1977 the name was changed to the National Development University Veteran East Java Branch.
- In 1995 it became a private university with the name of University of Pembangunan Nasional Veteran East Java which is operationally under the guidance of the Foundation of Kejuangan Panglima Sudirman and functionally under the guidance of the Department of Defense and Security Affairs.
- In 2007 University of Pembangunan National Veteran came under the guidance of the Foundation of Education and Welfare which is functionally under the guidance of the Ministry of Defence.
UPN Veteran has six faculties with 17 study programs and postgraduate programs.
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Industrial Technology
- Faculty of Social Science and Political Science
- Faculty of Civil Engineering and Planning
- Faculty of Law
- Postgraduate program
- Library with text books, reference books, research journals, magazines, scripts, theses.
- Information Communication and Computer Center and hotspots (WiFi area)
- Language Center (English, French, Mandarin and German)
- Polyclinic (Health care)
- Sports Center: Olympic standard swimming pool, tennis courts, soccer field, basketball court,
- Multipurpose building for sports, graduation, arts and exhibitions.
- Greenhouse and field laboratory for agriculture research.
- Guest house capacity of 10 rooms
- Students' dormitory for 400 students, with a meeting hall and parking area.