University of Piura
|University of Piura|
|Universidad de Piura|
|Motto||Universitas Studiorum Piurensis|
|Motto in English||The universal study of knowledge in Piura|
|Established||April 7, 1969 (2010)|
|Vice-Chancellor||Mons. Emilio Arizmendi Echecopar|
|Rector||Dr. Sergio Balarezo Saldaña|
|Campus||Piura: Av. Ramón Mugica 131. Urb. San Eduardo, Piura.
Lima: Av. Mártir Olaya 162. Miraflores, Lima
|Vice Rectors||Dr.José Ricardo Stok Cappella
Mgtr.Francisco Bobadilla Rodríguez
Dra.Mariela García Rojas
Dra.María Pía Chirinos Montalbetti
In 1964, Josemaría Escrivá, founder of Opus Dei, at a meeting with professors from the University of Navarra in Spain, decided to create a new university. It was founded by St. Josemaría Escrivá de Balaguer and in 1969, it was officially recognized as a university.
UDEP offers high-quality education, engages in leading-edge research and develops professionals capable of transforming Peruvian society.
UDEP promotes the Catholic faith and Christian values in an environment that respects freedom of religious choice and expression for all.
Specifically, UDEP’s mission is focused on the:
- Comprehensive and holistic formation of its students
- Provision of high-quality education that harmonizes disciplinary expertise with the aspirations of society and the protection of the environment
- Promotion, pursuit and dissemination of research in all the fields of human endeavour, with the pursuit of truth as the foundation of intellectual activity
- Development of social sensitivity that addresses the needs of individuals and society through education and research
The Universidad de Piura envisions itself as an institution of higher education recognized for its excellence in Peru and internationally, with the education of its students resulting in outstanding professional competencies and human qualities. UDEP’s focus on developing the ‘whole person’ is the foundation of the high ethical standards exhibited by our alumni in all aspects of their professional and personal lives.
The university is committed to the personal development of all its members so that they:
- Respond to societal demands utilizing their professional expertise and knowledge
- Cherish human life and the family, searching for the truth in all the fields of knowledge and fostering a spirit of service for the benefit of society.
In order to fulfill this vision and mission, UDEP seeks the most qualified and competent personnel for its academic, administrative and support positions. In addition, UDEP provides resources for continuing personal and professional development. The University encourages all of its members to identify with its vision and mission through their commitment to the search of the truth and the spirit of service.
Piura is the location of UDEP’s main Campus, extending over 130 hectares. More than half of the land is reclaimed desert. It is reforested with mesquite trees where squirrels, deer, foxes, peacocks, lizards and different kinds of birds abound. Construction of the Piura Campus started in the late 1960s, with much of its infrastructure financed by international support from the Italian, Spanish, German and Canadian governments
UDEP has two campuses in Lima. The undergraduate students is located in the center of the Miraflores District, a picturesque suburban region of Lima on the Pacific coast. The graduate campus for Business Management is located in the district Surco of Lima. Its MBA is recognized as one of the top programs in Peru.
School of Educational Sciences
- Department of Early Education
- Department of Primary Education
- Department of Secondary Education
School of Economics and Business
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Marketing
- Department of Finance
- Department of Business Policy
- Department of General Administration
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Economics
- Department of Service Management
School of Communication
- Department of Audiovisual Communication and Online Media
- Department of Marketing
- Department of Journalist
School of Law
- Department of Fundamentals of Law
- Department of Public Law
- Department of Private Law
School of Humanities
- Department of History, Geography and Art
- Department of Language and Literature
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Cultural Management
- Department of Psychology
School of Engineering
- Department of Engineering Sciences
- Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Department of Electrical Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Institute of Hydraulics, Hydrology and Sanitary Technology
- Department of Architecture
|This Peruvian university, college, or tertiary institution related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|