University of Puerto Rico at Arecibo
|University of Puerto Rico at Arecibo|
|Universidad de Puerto Rico en Arecibo|
|Latin: Universitatis Portoricensis|
|Location||Arecibo, Puerto Rico|
|Former names||Colegio Universitario Tecnológico de Arecibo (CUTA)|
|Colors||Yellow and White|
The University of Puerto Rico at Arecibo (UPRA or UPR-Arecibo) is a state university located in the municipality of Arecibo, Puerto Rico and is part of the University of Puerto Rico system. UPR-Arecibo is better known as CUTA from its previous name of Arecibo Technological University College "Colegio Universitario Tecnológico de Arecibo" in Spanish.
The University of Puerto Rico at Arecibo (UPRA), is located in the north of the island, next to the largest pharmaceutical and biotechnology complex in the Caribbean, the largest radio telescope in the world and agricultural areas of intense commercial activity. It is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Associate and Baccalaureate Degrees offers among which stand out as being unique in the UPR system:
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology
- Bachelor of Social Science with concentration in Industrial Organizational Psychology
- Bachelor of Social Science with concentration in Latin American Studies (includes Latin American Studies Center and agreements with institutions in Latin America)
- Bachelor of Industrial Chemical Process Technology
- Associate Degree in Veterinary Technology.
UPRA also holds the distinction of being the Alma Mater of many communications professionals currently working in local and international media, and of independent producers who graduated from the Bachelor of Communication program ("Tele-Radial").
- Students: 4,500
- Faculty: 270
|Department||Bachelor's Degree||Associate's Degree|
|Department of Business Administration||Accounting||—|
|Department of Biology||Microbiology||Veterinary Technology|
|Department of Calculation Sciences||Calculation Science||—|
|Department of Social Sciences||Spanish American Studies||—|
|Industrial and Organizational Psychology|
|Department of TV and Radio Communications||TV & Radio Communications Technology||—|
|Department of Education||Elementary Education||—|
|Department of Nursing||Nursing|
|Department of Office Systems||Office Systems||—|
|Department of Physics-Chemistry||Industrial Chemical Process Technology||Chemical Engineering Technology|
- Eliezer Ramos, news reporter of Univision Puerto Rico.
- Roberto Cortés, weather anchor of Telemundo Puerto Rico.
- Suheill Michelle Urdaz Montano, radio reporter of SuperK 106.
- Normando Valentín, news reporter of WAPA-TV
- Saudi Rivera, gossip analyst of Telemundo Puerto Rico.
- Ricardo Torres, sports anchor of Telemundo Puerto Rico.
- Nuria Sebazco, news reporter of Univision Puerto Rico.
The University of Puerto Rico at Arecibo has a number of fraternities and sororities, all members of the Inter-Fraternity Council of Puerto Rico.
- "Egresados-Confiesan-Upra". Noticias.universia.pr. Retrieved 2010-08-13.