University of Science and Technology of China
|University of Science and Technology of China|
Motto in English
|Being both responsible and professional, integrating theory with practice|
|President||Hou Jianguo (侯建国)|
|Location||Hefei, Anhui, China|
|Affiliations||AEARU, APRU, C9|
|University of Science and Technology of China|
North gate of the East Campus
The University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) is a national research university in Hefei, Anhui, China, under the direct leadership of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS). It is a member of the C9 League formed by nine top universities in China. Founded in Beijing by the CAS in September 1958, it was moved to Hefei in the beginning of 1970 during the Cultural Revolution.
The inception and mission of USTC was in response to the urgent need for the national economy, defense construction, and education in science and technology. It has been featured by its competence on scientific and technological research and expanded into humanities and management with a strong scientific and engineering emphasis. USTC has 12 schools, 27 departments, the Special Class for the Gifted Young, the Experimental Class for the Teaching Reform, the Graduate Schools (Hefei, Shanghai, Suzhou), the Software School, School of Network Education, and School of Continuing Education. In 2012 Institute of Advanced Technology of University of Science and Technology of China was founded.
USTC was founded in Beijing by the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) in September 1958, the Director of CAS, Mr. Guo Moruo was appointed the first president of USTC. The founding of the University is aimed at fostering high-level personnel of science and technology absolutely necessary for the development of the national economy, national defense construction, and education in science and technology. The establishment was hailed as "A Major Event in the History of Chinese Education and Science". CAS has supported USTC by combining most of its institutes with the departments of the university. USTC is listed in the top 16 national key universities, becoming the youngest national key university.
In the beginning of 1969, USTC was moved to Hefei, the capital of Anhui province. Since 1978, USTC has initiated and implemented a series of open and reform measures with a forward-looking sense and innovative spirit. It recovered from the Cultural Revolution and achieved rapid development thereafter.
USTC set up the first graduate school in China in 1978 to effectively cultivate its postgraduate students. However, the main campus for graduate study in Beijing, where it was the first formal campus of USTC, was renamed Graduate School of the CAS later.
Since the 1990s, USTC has taken the initiative of adapting to the necessity and challenge of the development of science and technology, education, and social economy. In 1995, USTC was approved by the central government as one of the first batch of universities obtaining the support of construction in the National 9th Five-Year Plan and the "Project 211". In 1999, USTC was singled out as one of the 9 universities enjoying priority support from the nation's "Plan of Vitalizing Education Action Geared to the 21st Century". Since September 2002, USTC has been implementing its "Project 211" construction during the 10th National Development Plan.
- Professor Zhou Guangzhao, USTC Honorary President, Chairman and Honorary Chairman of the China Association of Science and Technology, President of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (1987–1997).
- Professor Hou Jianguo, President, Chemist, academician of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, 11th National People's Congress Standing Committee member.
- Professor Xu Wu, Party Secretary.
- Guo Moruo, September 1958 – June 1978
- Yan Jici, February 1980 – September 1984
- Guan Weiyan, April 1985 – January 1987
- Teng Teng, January 1987 – February 1988
- Gu Chaohao, February 1988 – July 1993
- Tang Honggao, July 1993 – June 1998
- Zhu Qingshi, June 1998 – September 2008
- Hou Jianguo, September 2008 –
USTC consistently adheres to the school-running principle of pursuing the national interest and innovative pioneering. It upholds the combination of science with technology, teaching with research, and theory with practice. In a short period, USTC has turned into a comprehensive national key university of science and technology, with emphasis on the forefront of science and high and new technology. USTC also offers management studies involved with science and technology and the humanities.
Since the founding of the University, USTC has undertaken a large batch of national, ministerial and provincial research projects, achieving large number of research results. Since its participation in the CAS Experimental Program of Knowledge Innovation, USTC has achieved a batch of important and innovative results in the basic research of nano science and technology, quantum information science, life science research, fire science and fire protection technology, polar scientific investigation and research, bio-mass clean energy research. As a result, increasing number of papers have been published in "Nature" and "Science". 5 research results won national prizes, namely 1 Follow-up Prize and 1 Third Prize in the National Natural Science Awards, 2 Follow-up Prizes and 1 Third Prize in the National Achievement Awards in Science and Technology. Among these results, "Solvothermal Preparation and Characterization of Nanocrystalline Nonoxides" won Second Prize in the National Natural Science Awards in 2001; "Early Fire Intelligent Monitoring System for Large Space Buildings and Hidden-trouble of Electric Fire Checking System among them among them" and "An Artificial Monitoring and Policy-making Support System for Preventing and Reducing the Calamities of Anhui Province" both won Follow-up Prize in the National Achievement Awards in Science and Technology. 5 research results has been candidates 7 times for the list of the 10 Major Pieces of Sci-tech News in China, the 10 Major Pieces of News of Basic Research in China, the 10 Major Pieces of Sci-tech News in Chinese Universities, and the 10 Major Achievements in Science and Technology in Chinese Universities. In recent years, the University has solely undertaken or taken part in a lot of national major scientific programs, such as the second-phase project for the National Synchrotron Radiation Lab, HT-7U Super-conducting Tokmak.
With the motto "Studying diligently, making progress both in study and development of moral character", USTC has made distinguished achievements in talent fostering, scientific research and technology transfer, turning into an important base of high-qualified talent training and high-level scientific research for the nation. USTC is regarded by the Ministry of Science and Technology as one of the 4 universities with best scientific research performance in China. It ranks among the best in the review of Chinese top universities by the US journal "Science" and the French journal "Research".
There are 12 schools, 27 departments, the Special Class for the Gifted Young, the Experimental Class for the Teaching Reform, the Graduate School, School of Management (Beijing), the Software School, School of Network Education, and School of Continuing Education. USTC offers 43 undergraduate specialties, 17 first-category Ph.D. degree programs, 89 second-category Ph.D. degree programs, 105 second-category master degree specialties. It becomes the key base for the education of the Ph.D. students within the CAS.
USTC has three national research institutions and 6 key laboratoris of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS). It also has some key scientific research institutions such as the CAS Research Center for Thermal Safety Engineering and Technology.
16 academic societies are affiliated with the University, including the Synchrotron Radiation Committee under the China Society of Physics, the System Simulation Committee under the China Society of Automation, and the Quantum Optics Committee under the China Society of Physics. The University publishes some important academic journals, such as "Journal of the University of Science and Technology", "Fire Science", "Journal of Low Temperature Physics", "Journal of Chemical Physics", "Experimental Mechanics", and "Education and Modernization".
There are more than 3600 faculty and staff numbers, 22 CAS and CAE academicians, 432 professors. The number of students accepting normal higher education at USTC totals around 13794, 8243 undergraduate students, 3873 master degree students, and 1498 Ph.D. students among them. Besides, it also has 1575 professional master degree students, 110 post-doctoral fellows and 134 guest professors.
There are four campuses: East, South, West and North Campus. The campuses cover an area of 1.46 million square metres (360 acres), with 890,000 square metres (9,600,000 sq ft) of building area. The library has a collection of 1.73 million books, 3000 kinds of journal in the language of Chinese,4000 kinds of English, 600,000 electronic books and 20,000 electronic journals in Chinese or in English.
A first-class campus computer network is running within the campus. Five public experimental centers for teaching and research are under construction, namely the Center of Physical Science, Life Science, Information Science, Engineering and Material Science, and Application of Synchrotron Radiation.
Transportation The campus bus runs from 7:00 am till 23:00 pm. Teachers and students board the bus using their E-card and are free of charge. There are 130 bus-trips per day on weekdays and 24 bus-trips on weekends and holidays. Round-trip buses go every 30 minutes and pass through all 4 campuses. Direct-line buses run every 5 minutes between each the campus.
Hospital The school hospital, is a specific attachment to the university, and holds the aim of providing such services as disease prevention, health care, treatment and health education for the teaching staff and the students. After over forty years of development and construction, the hospital has been steadily expanded, the level of treatment has continuously improved, and the equipment has constantly been upgraded. The hospital covers 5,200 m2, with 110 beds and more than 110 employees.
The hospital is committed to the treatment and health care services for over 10,000 students, about 3,000 teachers and more than 700 retired employees, plus the families of the employees who live on the campus, which adds up to more than 20,000 people. A branch hospital and an outpatient department have been established separately on the west and the south campuses that are also centers for students' living and studying activities. The medical personnel are on duty around the clock for the convenience of the people.
In addition to carrying out daily diagnosis and treatment, the school hospital also, according to the college hygiene regulations, undertakes physical examination services under the principle of prevention. It is already a convention for students to take physical examinations both after their entrance and before graduation, and another check during their college years. Physical examinations are given every two years for school personnel and those who have retired.
To fulfill the demands of the science-major students for medical knowledge, the corresponding doctors of the school hospital have compiled a book titled Health Education for College Students, which, as the textbook for the selective course of health education, illuminates medical knowledge systematically from various angles. In recent years, this course has been taken by increasing numbers of students, and the title "advanced collective" has been bestowed on the hospital by the education authorities.
Campus view: http://en.ustc.edu.cn/news/campus_view/
As of 2010:
|Land Area||1,655,427 m²|
|Building Space||1,036,168 m²|
|Permanent Assets||2,618,821,000 RMB|
|Total Staff & Faculty||3,600|
|Teaching Assistant Staff||451|
|Master Degree Students||4,941|
|Second-category master Degree Specialties||105|
|Second-category Ph.D. Degree Programs||89|
|First-category Ph.D. Degree Programs||17|
|Professional Master Degree Specialties||3|
|Engineering Master Degree Specialties||8|
|Post-doctoral Research Stations||19|
|Postdoctoral Research Specialties||45|
|National Key Disciplines||19|
|Provincial Key Disciplines||20|
|National Research Institutions||5|
|CAS and Provincial Key Labs||34|
|University Research Institutes||54|
Since its participation in the CAS Experimental Program of Knowledge Innovation, USTC has achieved a batch of important and innovative results in the basic research of nano science and technology, quantum information science, life science research, fire science and fire protection technology, polar scientific investigation and research, bio-mass clean energy research. As a result, 3 papers were published in "Nature", 1 in "Science". 5 research results won national prizes, namely 1 Follow-up Prize and 1 Third Prize in the National Natural Science Awards, 2 Follow-up Prizes and 1 Third Prize in the National Achievement Awards in Science and Technology. Among these results, "Solvothermal Preparation and Characterization of Nanocrystalline Nonoxides" won Second Prize in the National Natural Science Awards in 2001; "Early Fire Intelligent Monitoring System for Large Space Buildings and Hidden-trouble of Electric Fire Checking System among them among them" and "An Artificial Monitoring and Policy-making Support System for Preventing and Reducing the Calamities of Anhui Province" both won Follow-up Prize in the National Achievement Awards in Science and Technology. 5 research results has been candidates 7 times for the list of the 10 Major Pieces of Sci-tech News in China, the 10 Major Pieces of News of Basic Research in China, the 10 Major Pieces of Sci-tech News in Chinese Universities, and the 10 Major Achievements in Science and Technology in Chinese Universities. Recently USTC has solely undertaken or taken part in a lot of national major scientific programs, such as the second-phase project for the National Synchrotron Radiation Lab, HT-7U Super-conducting Tokamak.
USTC has taken a leading position among Chinese universities on the number of research papers published internationally and in the citation rate of the papers. Since 1996, USTC consistently ranks No. 4 on the number of papers included by SCI; Since 1999, it ranks No. 1 on the number of papers published in the journals with high-impact factor among universities across China. Between 1991 and 2000, USTC ranks No. 1 among Chinese universities on the number of papers published in the internationally distinguished journals of "Science", "Nature", "PRL", and "Jacs". USTC ranks No. 2 among the universities and research institutions in the world on the number of nano-research papers published from 1996 to 2000. The 2010-2011 The Times Higher Education Rankings ranked USTC 49th overall in the world and 2nd in China. The 2010 QS World University Rankings ranked USTC 154th overall in the world, coming 71st in Engineering & IT, 102nd in Life Sciences & Biomedicine, and 77th in Natural Sciences.
USTC actively encourages and push forward transfer of the research results and the industrialization of high and new technology. The University-Region (Enterprise) Cooperation Committee was established for the strengthening of the cooperation with the local governments and enterprises. It has established and developed the relationship of cooperation with some famous large and medium-sized enterprises such as the Daqing Petroleum Administration, Sinopec, the Bao Steel Group, Lenovo Group, and Haier Group. In total, 16 local governments and enterprises have become members of the USTC-Region (Enterprise) Cooperation Committee. Some research results incubation bases have been established, such as the Hefei National University Garden of Science and Technology, the Luohe Hi-tech Garden, the Guiyang Industrial Garden of Science and Technology, the Shanghai Research and Development Center, and the Shenzhen Futian Base of Industry, Teaching and Research. The Anhui Provincial Government and USTC have jointly presented the "Province-University Cooperation Program", fostering the industrialization of technological results. USTC also actively files applications for the "Seed Funds" established by prefectures and cities in China, sparing no efforts in making contribution to the regional economic construction and social development.
USTC has concluded agreements of cooperation and exchange with around 100 universities and research institutions in more than 30 nations and regions. Around 300 international experts and scholars will visit USTC every year for lecturing and collaborative research. USTC has sent around 10,000 individual visits to more than 30 nations and regions for study and cooperative research.
There are 16 affiliated academic societies, including the Synchrotron Radiation Committee under the China Society of Physics, the System Simulation Committee under the China Society of Automation, and the Quantum Optics Committee under the China Society of Physics.
Only the National Laboratories, State Key Laboratories, and Key Laboratories of the Chinese Academy of Sciences are listed below, among which the National Laboratories have the highest qualification. USTC is the only university in mainland China which possess two National Laboratories at the same time.
National Laboratories (2)
- The National Synchrotron Radiation Laboratory 
- Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at the Microscale (under construction).
State Key Laboratories & Ministerial Level Units
- The State Key Laboratory of Fire Science (SKLFS) 
- National High Performance Computing Center (Hefei) 
- National Engineering Laboratory of Speech and Language Information Processing 
- The State Key Laboratory of Particle Detection and Electronics (Under Construction)
- Mengcheng National Geophysical Observatory
- Microsoft Key Laboratory of Multimedia Computing and Communications, Ministry of Education
Key Laboratories of the Chinese Academy of Sciences
- The Key Laboratory of Bond Selective Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- The Key Laboratory of Wu Wenjun Mathematics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- The Key Laboratory of Quantum Information, Chinese Academy of Sciences 
- The Engineering & Technology Research Center for Thermal Safety, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- The Key Laboratory of Material Mechanical Behavior and Material Design, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- The Key Laboratory of Structural Analysis, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- The Key Laboratory of Structural Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- The Key Laboratory of Crust-Mantle Materials and Environment, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Strong Magnetic Field Research Center, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- The Key Laboratory of Basic Plasma Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences 
- The Key Laboratory of Energy Conversion Materials, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- The Key Laboratory of Galaxies and Cosmology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- The Network Communication System and Control Laboratory, Chinese Academy of Sciences (training building)
- The Key Laboratory of Soft Matter Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- The Key Laboratory of Brain Function and Brain Disease, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- The Key Laboratory of Electromagnetic, Space, and Information, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- The Research Center of Solar Thermal Conversion, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- The Quantum Technology and Application Research Center, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Schools and Departments
Highlights: USTC set up the first graduate school in China in 1978 to effectively cultivate its postgraduate students.
- Special Class for the Gifted Young
- Department of Mathematics
- School of Physical Sciences
- Department of Modern Physics
- Department of Astronomy
- Department of Physics
- Department of Optics and Optical Engineering
- Physics Experiment Teaching Center
- School of Chemistry and Materials Science
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Chemical Physics
- Department of Materials Science & Engineering
- Department of Polymer Science and Engineering
- Chemical Experimental Teaching Center
- School of Nuclear Science and Technology
- School of Life Science
- Molecular Biology and Cell Biology
- Neurobiology and Biophysics
- Systems Biology
- Biomedicine and Biotechnology
- School of Engineering Science
- Modern Mechanics
- Thermal Science and Energy Engineering
- Precision Machinery and Instrumentation
- School of Information Science and Technology
- Electronic Science and Technology
- Electrical Engineering and Information Science
- Information Security
- School of Computer Science and Technology
- Computer Science and Technology
- School of Earth and Space Science
- Earth and Space Science
- School of Software Engineering
- School of Business
- Business Administration Training
- Statistics and Finance
- Management Science
- Information Management and Decision Science
- Humanities & Social Science
- Sci-tech Communication and Sci-tech Policy
- The Teaching and Research Division of Marxism
- Scientific History and Archaeometry
- Center for Modern Art
- Suzhou Institute for Advanced Study, USTC
- Shanghai Institute for Advanced Studies, USTC
- Continuing Education
- Liu Gang - Professor of Physics and Mathematics, Bell Labs
- Xiao-Gang Wen - Cecil and Ida Green Professor of Physics, MIT
- Xiaowei Zhuang - Professor of Chemistry and Chemical Biology & Physics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator, Harvard University, member of National Academy of Sciences
- Peidong Yang - Professor of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley
- Wei Xiong - Professor of Economics, Princeton University
- Shan X. Wang - Professor of Materials Science and Engineering & Electrical Engineering, Director of Stanford Center for Magnetic Nanotechnology, Stanford University
- Yuanqing Yang - Chairman of the Board and former CEO, Lenovo Group
- Chi-Wang Shu - Theodore B. Stowell University Professor, Chairman(1999–2005), Division of Applied Mathematics, ISI Highly Cited Author in Mathematics by the ISI Web of Knowledge, Brown University
- Ju Li - Battelle Energy Alliance Professor of Nuclear Science and Engineering and Professor of Materials Science and Engineering, MIT
- Tianxi Cai - Professor of Biostatistics, Harvard University
- Stephen Y. Chou - Joseph C. Elgin Professor of Engineering, Princeton University
- Zhong Shao - Professor of Computer Science, Yale University
- Ya-Qin Zhang - Corporate Vice President, Chairman of Microsoft China and Microsoft Research China Microsoft
- Qiang Zhou - Professor of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Structural Biology, University of California, Berkeley
- Ruimin Zhang - Chairman and CEO of Haier Group
- Xingde Li - Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, OSA fellow, SPIE fellow, AIMBE fellow
- Kai Li - Charles C. Fitzmorris Professor of Computer Science, Princeton University
- Hong Liu - Associate Professor of Physics, MIT
- Dan Luo - Professor, Department of Biological and Environmental Engineering, Cornell University
- Kunxin Luo - Professor of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of California, Berkeley
- Shanhui Fan - Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering, Stanford University
- Weinan E - Professor, Department of Mathematics and Program in Applied and Computational Mathematics, Princeton University
- Xiuxiong Chen - Professor, Department of Mathematics, University of Wisconsin–Madison
- Fenyong Liu - Professor, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley
- Dong Lai - Professor, Department of Astronomy, Cornell University
- Dongming Wang - Cheung Kong Professor of Computer Mathematics at BUAA, Laboratoire d'Informatique de Paris 6
- Steven Kou - Professor of Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, Columbia University
- Jiawei Han - Abel Bliss Professor, Department of Computer Science, University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign
- Xi Yin - Assistant Professor of Physics, Harvard University
- Huimin Zhao - Centennial Endowed Chair Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign
- Rugang Ye - Professor of Department of Mathematics, University of California Santa Barbara
- Jianmin Qian - Professor of Physics, University of Michigan
- Fang Lizhi - Former vice president of USTC, later became Professor of Physics at the University of Arizona, recipient of Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights Award
- Jing Sun - Professor, Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering, University of Michigan
- Liqun Luo - Professor of Biological Sciences, Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator, Stanford University, member of National Academy of Sciences
- Haitao Li - Professor of Finance, University of Michigan
- Xiaodong Song - Professor, Department of Geology, University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign
- Xiaowu Wang - Founder and President of Polysoftware International, Inc
- Luming Duan - Professor of Physics, University of Michigan
- Yong Tan - Professor of Information Systems, University of Washington
- Shiyu Zhou - Professor, Department of Industrial Engineering, University of Wisconsin–Madison
- Yuguo Chen - Associate Professor, Department of Statistics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Qiang Cui - Professor of Chemistry, University of Wisconsin–Madison
- Jun-Lin Guan - Professor of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Professor of Cell & Developmental Biology, University of Michigan
- Qiang Du - Verne M. Willaman Professor of Mathematics, Penn State University
- Jiti Gao - Professor with Chair in Econometrics, Department of Economics, University of Adelaide
- Dayong Gao - Professor of Mechanical Engineering, University of Washington
- Bing Zhou - Professor of Physics, University of Michigan
- Junjie Zhu - Professor of Physics, University of Michigan
- Jingbo Ye - Professor of Physics, Southern Methodist University
- Melba Phillips (1907-2004) - doctoral student of J. Robert Oppenheimer, so-called "father of the atomic bomb"
- Guo Moruo (1892–1978) - A Chinese author, poet, historian, archaeologist, the first president of USTC.
- Yan Jici (1901–1996) - Pioneer of Modern physics research and education in China, former Vice-president, President and Honorary President of USTC.
- Hua Luogeng (1910–1985) - Pioneer of modern mathematics research and education in China, former Chairman of the Department of Mathematics and Vice-president of USTC.
- Qian Xuesen (1911–2009) - Father of missiles of China, former Chairman of the Department of Mechanics with USTC.
- Zhao Zhongyao (1902–1998) - Pioneer of modern particle physics research and education in China, one of the first in the world to find positrons, former Chairman of the Department of Modern Physics with USTC.
- Qian Linzhao (1906–1999) - Famous physicist and educator, pioneer of scientific history and education in China, former Vice-president of USTC.
- Zhou Guangzhao (1929- ) - Famous theoretical physicist, Vice-chairman of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress of China, Honorary President of USTC at present.
- Meng Xuenong (1948-) - Former Mayor of Beijing, and former Governor of Shanxi Province
- Fang Lizhi (1936–2012) - Former professor of astrophysics and vice president of the USTC
- China Vitae
- "World Rankings 2010-2011: Top 200". The Times Higher Education.
- "QS World University Rankings 2010 Results".
- of Physics
- MIT Department of Physics
- HHMI Scientist Bio: Xiaowei Zhuang, Ph.D
- Peidong Yang
- Wei Xiong Research Page
- Shan X. Wang
- Management - United States
- Applied Math at Brown University
- Tianxi Cai, Harvard
- Stephen Y. Chou
- Zhong Shao: Faculty - Computer Science at Yale
- Qiang Zhou, Berkeley
- Higher Education
- CEO Zhang Ruimin Listed as One of Top 10 Leading Figures in China Brand Culture Building Haier Group Listed as One of Top 10 Leading Companies in China Brand Culture Building ...
- Xingdei Li
- Kai Li
- http://web.mit.edu/physics/people/faculty/liu_hong.html Hong Liu
- Dan Luo, Cornell
- Kunxin Luo, Berkeley
- Professor Weinan E
- Xiuxiong Chen's Home Page
- Fenyong Liu, Berkeley
- Dong Lai Homepage
- Dongming Wang
- Steven Kou's home page
- Jiawei Han
- Xi Yin, Harvard
- Zhao Research Group
- Rugang Ye
- Jianmin Qian
- Jing Sun
- HHMI Scientist Bio: Liqun Luo, Ph.D
- Haitao Li
- Xiaodong Song
- Polysoftware International, Inc
- Lumin Duan
- Yong Tan
- Shiyu Zhou
- Yuguo Chen
- Cui Group Website
- Guan Laboratory
- QIANG DU's Bio
- Professor Jiti Gao | The University of Adelaide Staff Directory
- Dayong Gao
- Bing Zhou
- Junjie Zhu
- Jingbo Ye
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to University of Science and Technology of China.|
- Official website (Chinese)
- Official website (English)
- History of the USTC
- USTC Alumni General Association
- USTC Alumni Foundation
- USTC Alumni in Japan
- USTC Students' BBS