University of Toledo Medical Center
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009)|
|The University of Toledo|
|Motto||Coadyuvando El Presente, Formando El Porvenir (Spanish for "Guide to the Present, Moulder of the Future")|
|President||Lloyd A. Jacobs|
|Location||Toledo, OH, USA|
|Athletics||Varsity Football Div 1A, Men's and Women's Basketball Div 1, Men's Baseball Div 1, Women's Softball, Swimming, Diving, Field Hockey, Soccer, Track and Field,Crew Team|
|Colors||Midnight Blue and Gold|
|Mascot||Rocky the Rocket|
- This article refers to The University of Toledo Medical Center, a medical school and teaching hospital in Toledo, Ohio (formerly the Medical College of Ohio, and the Medical University of Ohio). For the former Medical College of Ohio in Cincinnati, see the article on University of Cincinnati College of Medicine.
The University of Toledo Medical Center (UTMC) is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toledo, a public university located in Toledo, Ohio, United States. Its three hospitals, all located on the University of Toledo Health Science Campus in south Toledo, have a combined capacity of 320 beds.
Founded in 1964 as the Medical College of Ohio (MCO), its first class of medical students began their studies in 1969.
Upon completion of the merger, the University of Toledo became the third largest member of the University System of Ohio in terms of operating budget, as well as one of only 17 public universities in the United States having colleges of business administration, education, engineering, law, medicine and pharmacy.
Each year, The University of Toledo Health Science Campus enrolls approximately 2,000 students across all its academic divisions.
- College of Medicine — The College of Medicine has an annual enrollment of approximately 150 students.
- College of Nursing — The College of Nursing has an annual enrollment of approximately 225 students.
- College of Health Sciences
- College of Graduate Studies — The College of Graduate Studies has an annual enrollment of approximately 350 students.
- College of Pharmacy
- University Medical Center
- MUO Rehabilitation Hospital
- Kobacker Center, a child and adolescent psychiatric hospital.
Notes and references
- As of June 30, 2009. "U.S. and Canadian Institutions Listed by Fiscal Year 2009 Endowment Market Value and Percentage Change in Endowment Market Value from FY 2008 to FY 2009" (PDF). 2009 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments. National Association of College and University Business Officers. Retrieved March 8, 2010.
- "UT - MUO Merger". University of Toledo. 2006-12-18. Retrieved 2008-03-30.
- McMillen, William (2006-03-15). "Merger bill passes last legislative hurdle". University of Toledo. Archived from the original on 2006-09-11. Retrieved 2006-07-05.