University of Washington Libraries
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (July 2012)|
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2012)|
The University of Washington Libraries are among the largest[peacock term] academic research libraries in North America and winner of the 2004 ACRL "Excellence in Academic Libraries Award". They are located in the state of Washington, USA.
The University of Washington Libraries has a collection of more than seven million cataloged volumes, six million in microform format, more than 50,000 serial titles, and several million items in other formats. The Libraries' website provides the connection to a wide range of print and electronic resources available in the Libraries and on the World Wide Web.
Services and resources are provided primarily for University of Washington students, faculty, and staff as part of the Libraries' mission to support teaching, learning, research, and service at the University of Washington. Visitors who come to the Libraries are welcome to use most resources and many of the services. Researchers throughout the world have access to a broad range of materials and various interlibrary loan and document delivery services.
The Libraries system is composed of the Suzzallo and Allen Libraries, the primary location for information and services in the social sciences and humanities; the Odegaard Undergraduate Library (OUGL) which houses the Odegaard Learning Commons and is open 24 hours weekdays during school days; the Health Sciences Library and Information Center (HSLIC); the East Asia Library; fifteen specialized branch libraries; the Bothell/CCC Library; and the Tacoma Library. The Marian G. Gallagher Law Library and Elisabeth C. Miller Library are administered separately from the UW Libraries system.
Libraries and Units
- Built Environments Library
- Art Library
- UW Bothell/CCC Library, UW Bothell
- Drama Library. Of special note are the more than 14,000 acting editions and sound effects from the BBC, CBS and Sound Ideas.
- East Asia Library
- Engineering Library. The library is a designated Patent and Trademark Depository Library and maintains a national depository for the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM). Special resources include industry standards, technical reports, and U.S. patent specifications from 1966 to the present.
- Foster Business Library
- Friday Harbor Library. Special materials include collections of reprints, papers and theses based on research conducted at the Friday Harbor Laboratories.
- Government Publications
- Health Sciences Library and Information Center
- International Studies
- K.K. Sherwood-Harborview Library
- Map Collection and Cartographic Information Services
- Mathematics Research Library
- Media Center
- Microform and Newspaper Collections
- Music Library
- Music Listening Center. Among the special resources are the Eric Offenbacher Collection of pre-LP vocal recordings of the music of Mozart, the Hazel B. Kinsella Collection of American hymnals and tune books, the Melville Harris Collection of early disc and cylinder recordings of woodwind solos, and a collection of 17th and 18th century opera scores.
- Odegaard Undergraduate Library (OUGL)
- Physics-Astronomy Library
- Reference and Research Services
- Social Work Library
- Special Collections
- Suzzallo and Allen Libraries
- UW Tacoma Library, UW Tacoma
- Other Libraries
- "Excellence in Academic Libraries Award". ACRL. Retrieved 1 April 2015.