|Created by||David Hornsby
|Voices of||Justin Long
|Theme music composer||D. Scorch'd
Steven "Minks" Burton
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||David Hornsby
|Running time||22–23 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Floyd County Productions
(20th Century Fox Television)
|Original run||January 19, 2012– December 20, 2012|
Unsupervised is an American animated sitcom/comedy series which ran on FX from January 19, 2012 to December 20, 2012. The show was created and, for the most part, written by David Hornsby, Scott Marder, and Rob Rosell. On March 30, 2012, Unsupervised was renewed for a second season. However, on November 17, 2012, Glenn Howerton said via Twitter that the show would not return. A later message stated that three new episodes produced for the first season would air on December 6, 13, and 20 and would serve as the end of the series.
The series follows two 15-year-old best friends, Gary (Justin Long) and Joel (David Hornsby), as they try to navigate through teenage life, while also trying to do the right thing without the help of any parental supervision.
Main cast 
- Justin Long as Gary
- David Hornsby as Joel Zymanski
- Kristen Bell as Megan McKinley
- Romany Malco as Darius
- Rob Rosell as Russ Brown
- Kaitlin Olson as Carol / Danielle
- Fred Armisen as Martin
- Alexa Vega as Christina
- Scott Marder as Jojo Venetti
Recurring cast 
- Maria Bamford as Rachel / Megan's Mom / Various
- André Sogliuzzo as Sid
- Audrey Wasilewski as Ms. Petters
- Glenn Howerton as Dirt / Clint / Various
- Sally Kellerman as Principal Stark
Unsupervised appeared on the FX Network development slate in March 2011, under the title Townies and was eyed as a companion to the current FX animated comedy Archer. On September 15, 2011, the series was given a series order of 13 episodes, under the new title Unsupervised. David Hornsby, Rob Rosell and Scott Marder were the executive producers, with Rosell and Marder acting as showrunners.
On October 17, 2011, FX released a preview trailer of Unsupervised, titled "Fresh Men". The series premiered on January 19, 2012, at 10:30pm following Archer. FX officially announced Unsupervised season finale to be aired on Thursday March 22, 2012, which brings the ending of the first season to 10 episodes. Three remaining episodes were written during the first production cycle, and were scheduled to be aired between "Jesse Judge Lawncare" and "Youngbloods". However, due to a production issue with "Archer", they were postponed in conjuncture with FX wanting to end the two shows in sync. The episodes later animated and burnt off. They aired on December's 6, 13, and 20th.
Unsupervised was created by David Hornsby, Scott Marder and Rob Rosell, who also serve as executive producers alongside, Adam Reed, Matt Thompson, Rob McElhenney, Glenn Howerton and Charlie Day and the production companies, Floyd County Productions, RCG Productions and FX Productions. The series was not renewed for a second season. 
Unsupervised received many mixed to negative reviews from critics upon its premiere with its pilot, holding a 3.5 or "Awful" rating on IGN. Although disappointed with the premiere, later episodes of the season were given much higher marks with The A.V. Club giving the season one finale an A-. Unsupervised currently holds a 45 out of 100 score from Metacritic based on 16 reviews.
- "FX Sets Premiere Dates For Justified, Archer And Unsupervised". Cinemablend.com. 2011-11-28. Retrieved 2012-11-13.
- "Upfronts 2012: FX Focusing on Launching New Dramas | Cable Television News | Broadcast Syndication | Programming". Multichannel.com. 2012-03-30. Retrieved 2012-11-13.
- "Breaking News - Development Update: Tuesday, March 29". TheFutonCritic.com. Retrieved 2012-11-13.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "FX Picks Up Animated Comedy Series From 'It's Always Sunny' Team With 13-Ep. Order". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2012-11-13.
- "Video: "Unsupervised" on FX - "Fresh Men"". TheFutonCritic.com. Retrieved 2012-11-13.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "FX Announces Midseason Schedule". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2012-11-13.
- "Updated: Scripted Cable Show Renew/Cancel *Status* Alpha Test - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. 2012-11-07. Retrieved 2012-11-13.
- "David Hornsby Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved December 5, 2012.
- "Glenn Howerton Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved December 5, 2012.
- "Unsupervised - Season 1 Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More". Metacritic. 2012-01-19. Retrieved 2012-11-13.