It was formerly a municipality of its own, having been incorporated into Zurich in 1893.
The quarter has a population of 19,921 distributed on an area of 2.46 km².
In 1962, the faculty of science of the University of Zürich proposed to establish the Irchelpark campus on the Strickhofareal. The first stage the construction of the university buildings was begun in 1973, and the campus was inaugurated in 1979. The construction of the second stage lasted from 1978 to 1983. The campus also houses the anthropological museum Anthropologisches Museum, and the cantonal Staatsarchiv Zürich.
- "Irchelpark" (in German). Universität Zürich. Retrieved 2014-12-20.
- "Irchelpark" (in German). Grün Stadt Zürich. Retrieved 2014-12-20.
- "Anthropologisches Museum" (in German). Universität Zürich. Retrieved 2014-12-20.
- "Kleine Zürcher Verfassungsgeschichte 1218–2000" (in German). Staatsarchiv Zürich. Retrieved 2014-12-20.
- This article incorporates information from the German Wikipedia.
Media related to Unterstrass at Wikimedia Commons
|This Canton of Zürich location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|