Untitled Terrence Malick project
|Directed by||Terrence Malick|
|Written by||Terrence Malick|
Terrence Malick is directing and writing an upcoming musical drama film starring Ryan Gosling, Christian Bale, Natalie Portman, Rooney Mara, Cate Blanchett, Val Kilmer and Michael Fassbender. The production company when the film was announced as in pre-production in November 2011 was FilmNation Entertainment and its producers were Sarah Green and Nicolas Gonda.
Source unless otherwise noted:
Michael Fassbender provided voiceover that the actor said may be cut from the completed film, stating, "I'm not sure" [I'm in the final cut]. I've got to go actually and do some more voiceover ... just like reams and reams of that." Bale also expressed doubts about whether he would appear, saying in November 2013, "I unfortunately wasn't able to do everything I was meant to do, so I ended up doing like three, four days on that. Which in Terry's world means you're never going to see me in it."
The film was originally titled Lawless, but Malick allowed filmmaker John Hillcoat to use the title for his 2012 film. Rooney Mara said in December 2011, when Malick's film was still called Lawless, that filming was scheduled to begin in September 2012. That month, scenes were shot in Austin, Texas.
- "Lawless". FilmNation Entertainment. November 21, 2011. Archived from the original on February 27, 2012.
- Zakarin, Jordan (November 5, 2012). "Val Kilmer Goes Wild On-Stage in Austin for Terrence Malick's Rock Film". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2014-04-19.
- Jagernauth, Kevin (October 30, 2013). "Michael Fassbender Uncertain He'll Make The Cut In Terrence Malick's Austin Movie, William Friedkin Disses 'To The Wonder'". Indiewire. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Thompson, Anne (November 27, 2013). "Oscar Nominee Christian Bale Holds His Roles to a High Standard, from 'American Hustle' to 'Out of the Furnace'". Indiewire. p. 2. Archived from the original on December 18, 2013. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Jagernauth, Kevin (February 8, 2012). "Natalie Portman Joins Terrence Malick's 'Lawless' & 'Knight of Cups'". Indiewire. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Brunner, Rob (December 26, 2011). "Rooney Mara talks future projects, promoting 'Dragon Tattoo': 'Everyone is like, So, the rape scene. Was that hard?'". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Fowler, Brandi (September 26, 2012). "Ryan Gosling Kisses Rooney Mara: Pretty Pair Shoots Scenes for Terrence Malick Movie". E! News. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Sacks, Ethan (September 27, 2012). "Ryan Gosling & Rooney Mara sizzle on the Austin set of Terrence Malick-directed music drama". Daily News (New York City). Retrieved 2014-04-01.
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|