|Studio album by Stevie Wonder|
|Released||May 4, 1966|
|Recorded||1965 - 1966|
|Producer||Henry Cosby, William "Mickey" Stevenson, Clarence Paul, Brian Holland & Lamont Dozier|
|Stevie Wonder chronology|
Up Tight (shown as Up-Tight Everything's Alright on the cover) is a 1966 album by American singer Stevie Wonder. It was his fifth studio release.
The album was released on May 4, 1966 on Motown Records' Tamla label. The album features the U.S. Top 5 single "Uptight (Everything's Alright)", which Wonder co-wrote with Sylvia Moy and Henry Cosby. The tracks on Uptight (Everything's Alright) were the beginning of Wonder's development into a mature recording artist, independent of his earlier "Little Stevie Wonder" moniker and his image as a young Ray Charles imitator.
Also included on the album are "Nothing's Too Good For My Baby", another Wonder-cowrite, and a cover of folk star Bob Dylan's "Blowin' in the Wind", which made Wonder popular with crossover audiences,and a cover of the standard, Teach Me Tonight, featuring vocals with Levi Stubbs and The Four Tops.
The album reached No.33 on the Billboard Pop Album charts and No.2 on the R&B Albums charts. On the album, Stevie was backed by the Funk Brothers, the legendary, but uncredited, early period Motown Records studio musicians, creators of the famous, recognisable 60s Motown sound.
- "Love a Go Go" (Beth Beatty, Ernie Shelby) - 2:46
- "Hold Me" (Morris Broadnax, Clarence Paul, Wonder) - 2:36
- "Blowin' in the Wind" (Bob Dylan) - 3:46
(additional vocals by Clarence Paul)
- "Nothing's Too Good for My Baby" (Henry Cosby, Sylvia Moy, Willam "Mickey" Stevenson) - 2:39
- "Teach Me Tonight" (Sammy Cahn, Gene De Paul) - 2:39
(additional vocals by The Four Tops)
- "Uptight (Everything's Alright)" (Wonder, Moy, Cosby) - 2:54
- "Ain't That Asking for Trouble" (Moy, Paul, Wonder) - 2:49
- "I Want My Baby Back" (Harvey Fuqua, Cornelius Grant, Eddie Kendricks, Norman Whitfield) - 2:49
- "Pretty Little Angel" (Paul, Mike Valvano, Wonder) - 2:12
- "Music Talk" (Ted Hull, Paul, Wonder) - 2:52
- "Contract on Love" (Janie Bradford, Lamont Dozier, Brian Holland) - 2:06
- "With a Child's Heart" (Vicky Basemore, Cosby, Moy) - 3:08
|This 1960s album–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|