UpTight is a soundtrack album by southern soul band Booker T. & the MG's for the film of the same title. The album's highlights include "Time Is Tight," a Top 10 hit single and signature song for the band, and "Johnny, I Love You" (the B-side of "Time Is Tight"), which features a rare vocal by keyboardist Booker T. Jones. Judy Clay provides vocals on "Children, Don't Get Weary."
The album was recorded at Stax Records' studios by Ron Capone, produced by Jones, and was overdubbed and mixed at Ardent Studios by Steve Cropper and Terry Manning.
The album charted at number 98 on the Billboard 200 album chart and number 7 on the Billboard R&B Albums chart.
The song "Time is Tight" was covered by The Clash on their 10-inch vinyl Black Market Clash LP in 1980 (and later on their Super Black Market Clash CD) and by Paul Shaffer on his 1993 double CD The World's Most Dangerous Party.
All tracks composed by Booker T. Jones, except where indicated
- "Johnny, I Love You" - 3:00
- "Cleveland Now" - 3:08
- "Children, Don't Get Weary" (Frank Williams) - 3:35
- "Tank's Lament" - 2:49
- "Blues in the Gutter" - 3:24
- "We've Got Johnny Wells" - 3:46
- "Down at Ralph's Joint" - 3:51
- "Deadwood Dick" - 4:29
- "Run Tank Run" - 2:37
- "Time Is Tight" (Booker T. Jones, Steve Cropper, Donald "Duck" Dunn, Al Jackson, Jr.) - 4:55