Up to Date
|Up to Date|
|Studio album by The Partridge Family|
|The Partridge Family chronology|
The Partridge Family's second album, Up to Date, was released in February 1971. It contained such hits as "I'll Meet You Halfway" (Billboard #9) and "Doesn't Somebody Want to Be Wanted" (U.S. Billboard #6 and Cash Box #1, Canadian RPM #1).
The album reached #3 on the U.S. Billboard album chart and #1 in Canada on the RPM national Top Albums chart. The musicians were Hal Blaine on drums, Joe Osborn on bass guitar, Mike Melvoin on keyboard, Dennis Budimir and Louie Shelton on guitars. As with all Partridge Family albums (with the exception of Bulletin Board), it was produced by Wes Farrell at Western Recorders, studio 2 in Los Angeles.
Up to Date features David Cassidy's first contribution as a songwriter. Cassidy penned the song "Lay It on the Line" with Wes Farrell. The song features a strong guitar track.
The album cover was designed in the form of a calendar indicating the birthdates of the family (including their dog, Simone), which were the actual birthdates of the cast members. The album also included a bookcover. This was the last album to feature Jeremy Gelbwaks as Chris Partridge on the cover, as he left the show soon after its release.
- Side 1
- "I'll Meet You Halfway" (Wes Farrell, Gerry Goffin)
- "You Are Always on My Mind" (Tony Romeo)
- "Doesn't Somebody Want to Be Wanted" (Wes Farrell, Jim Cretecos, Mike Appel)
- "I'm Here, You're Here" (Wes Farrell, Gerry Goffin)
- "Umbrella Man" (Wes Farrell, Jim Cretecos, Mike Appel)
- "Lay It on the Line" (David Cassidy, Wes Farrell)
- Side 2
- "Morning Rider on the Road" (Tony Romeo)
- "That'll Be the Day" (Tony Romeo)
- "There's No Doubt in My Mind" (Wes Farrell, Gerry Goffin)
- "She'd Rather Have the Rain" (Terry Cashman, T.P. West)
- "I'll Leave Myself a Little Time" (Steve Dossick)
Love Story (Original Soundtrack)
|Canadian RPM 100 number-one album
May 15 - 22 1971 (two weeks)
Jesus Christ Superstar by Original Cast
|This 1970s pop album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|