Upper Gage Avenue (Hamilton, Ontario)
Upper Gage Avenue is an Upper City (mountain) arterial road in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. It starts off at Concession Street in front of Mountain Drive Park and works its way southward and ends just past Rymal Road beside Broughton West Park 2. It is a two-way street throughout. As with most of the "Upper" streets, their addresses start at roughly the point where their lower counterpart finishes just below the Escarpment and were originally labelled without the "Upper" prefix.
Named Upper Gage Avenue because it is in approximate alignment with Gage Avenue in the Lower City Hamilton. Gage Avenue is named after James Gage, a lumber merchant and his uncle William Gage, a farmer. Together James and William had a farm that was the site of the Battle of Stoney Creek during the War of 1812. The wounded were treated inside their home and they were both awarded compensation for it by the government. Originally Gage Street was called Trolley Street.
Note: Listing of Landmarks from North to South.
- Mountain Drive Park
- Fennell Square (shopping/ commercial)
- Lincoln M. Alexander Parkway, "The LINC"
- Eleanor Park, (off of Royal Vista Drive)
- Broughton West Park 2
Note: Listing of neighbourhoods from North to South. 
- Raleigh/ Suninghill, Upper Gage cuts through these two neighbourhoods
- Macassa/ Hampton Heights, Upper Gage cuts through these two neighbourhoods
- Lawfield/ Berrisfield, Upper Gage cuts through these two neighbourhoods
- Randall/ Quinndale, Upper Gage cuts through these two neighbourhoods
- Eleanor/ Templemead, Upper Gage cuts through these two neighbourhoods
- Broughton East
Roads that are parallel with Upper Gage Avenue
Note: Listing of Roads from West to East.
- Wilson Street (Ancaster)
- Highway 403
- Upper Paradise Road
- Garth Street
- West 5th Street
- Upper James Street
- Upper Wellington Street
- Upper Wentworth Street
- Upper Sherman Avenue
- Upper Gage Avenue
- Upper Ottawa Street
- Nebo Road
- Upper Kenilworth Avenue
- Mountain Brow Boulevard
- Upper Centennial Parkway
Roads that cross Upper Gage Avenue
Note #1: Listing of streets from North to South.
Note #2: Prior to the completion of the Lincoln M. Alexander Parkway in 1997, Upper James, Upper Wentworth & Upper Gage crossed Limeridge Road and today they no longer do. Sections of Limeridge Road were cut off and removed at the above 3 locations to make way for the Expressway's exit ramps. The Expressway is South of Limeridge Road and runs parallel with it.
- Concession Street
- Queensdale Avenue East
- Fennell Avenue East
- Mohawk Road East
- Limeridge Road East
- Lincoln M. Alexander Parkway
- Stone Church Road East
- ; Rymal Road East
- Bailey, Thomas Melville (1981). Dictionary of Hamilton Biography (Vol I, 1791-1875). W.L. Griffin Ltd.
- Manson, Bill (2003). Footsteps In Time: Exploring Hamilton's heritage neighbourhoods. North Shore Publishing Inc. ISBN 1-896899-22-6.
- "Hamilton Neighbourhood Boundaries, (map.hamilton.ca)". Archived from the original on 2008-06-25. Retrieved 2008-09-22.
- MapArt Golden Horseshoe Atlas - Page 647, 657 - Grids J15, K15, L15, M15, N15, P15