Upslope Brewing Company
|Privately held company|
|Founder||Matt Cutter, Danny Pages|
|Headquarters||Boulder, Colorado, United States|
Number of locations
|5,600 barrels (2012),
9,000 – 10,000 (est. for 2013)
|Revenue||$2.1 million (2012)|
Number of employees
Upslope Brewing Company is a brewery company in Boulder, Colorado founded in 2008. In 2013 the company was ranked No. 5 in a list of fastest-growing Boulder companies published by Boulder County Business Report. The company operates two breweries, both in Boulder.
The company was founded in 2008 in Boulder, Colorado by co-founders Matt Cutter and Danny Pages. In 2012, the company's revenue was $2.1 million. The company operates two breweries, their original brewery in north Boulder and their newer brewery in east Boulder that was established in April 2013. Both locations also have a taproom.
The company brewed approximately 5,600 barrels of beer in 2012, and has estimated 2013 production to be 9,000 to 10,000 barrels. Production significantly increased when the company opened their second brewery in east Boulder. The company packages its beers solely in aluminum cans. The company prefers aluminum cans to keep the product fresh and portable, for their ability to be recycled and to reduce fuel costs for delivery.
Up to April 2013, the company only distributed its products in Colorado. In July 2013, distribution expanded to include Texas, and as of August 2013 the company's products are distributed to Austin, Houston and Dallas.
Upslope Brewing Company brews pale ale, India Pale Ale, brown ale, lager, stout and Imperial IPA styles of beer. The company also produces a limited release pumpkin ale brewed with fresh pumpkins, a limited release Belgian pale ale and a Christmas ale.
- Upslope Brewing Co – Boulder, Colorado (CO) | Company Profile. Manta.com.
- Upslope Brewing Co. Expands With Second Location. Huffington Post.
- "Upslope cranks up beer production". Boulder County Business Report.
- Upslope Brewing growing into second brewery, opening new taproom. The Denver Post.
- Upslope Brewing adds 'bomber can' of Imperial IPA to year-round lineup. The Denver Post.
- Tap Room Boulder | Brewery & Beer Tours Colorado. Upslope Brewing.
- Our Story – Upslope Brewing Company. Upslopebrewing.com.
- Upslope Brewing Co. Heads Downhill to Texas. Houstonia Magazine (August 12, 2013).
- Firestone Walker to sell here; Saint Arnold is gold. Houston Chronicle.
- Upslope Pumpkin Ale returns – in cans. The Denver Post.
- Awesome Thanksgiving craft beer pairings. The Denver Post.
- Great American Beer Festival awards more than 250 medals. Denverijournal.com (October 12, 2013).
- Update: Businesses pitch in for flood relief | Today's News. Boulder County Business Report.