From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The term upstate often refers to the northerly portions of several U.S. states. It also can refer to parts of states that have a higher elevation, away from sea level. These regions tend to be rural; an exception is Delaware.
- Upstate California was a 2001 marketing campaign to promote the northern half of Northern California
- Maine, except for "Down East"
- Upstate New York, an area of New York north of the New York City metropolitan area
- SUNY Upstate Medical University, often referred to as "Upstate"
- Upstate South Carolina, the northwestern "corner" of South Carolina
- Articles beginning with "Upstate"
- Downstate Illinois, which refers to the part of Illinois outside the Chicago metropolitan area
|This disambiguation page lists articles about distinct geographical locations with the same name.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
|This United States-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|