Upton Park tube station
Main entrance on Green Street
Location of Upton Park in Greater London
|Local authority||London Borough of Newham|
|Managed by||London Underground|
|Number of platforms||2|
|London Underground annual entry and exit|
|1877||Opened by LT&SR|
|1902||District line started|
|Lists of stations|
|London Transport portalCoordinates:|
Upton Park station is a London Underground station on the District and Hammersmith and City lines, on Green Street in the Upton Park area of the London Borough of Newham, east London. It is in Zone 3.
The station was opened by the London, Tilbury and Southend Railway (LTSR) in 1877. District line service began in 1902, and the Hammersmith & City (at that time the Metropolitan line) followed in 1936. LTSR services were withdrawn in 1962.
The station has two working platforms, one for each direction. Two other platforms used to serve the LTSR but are now disused.
Upton Park was the first station on the LT&SR to be built by a property developer. Read was a developer who proposed the station and given approval designed and built a two platform station between the houses of Queen's Road and Harold Road. The station fronted Queen's Square on the corner of Green Street and Queen's Road opened in September 1877. The building was demolished in 1903/04 when the line was quadrupled and the present station constructed.
Upton Park tube station appears in the English slang term, "He/She is Upton Park - two stops short of Barking", indicating that the individual in question is slightly mad. 
London Buses Routes 58, 104, 238, 330 and 376 serve the station.
There are two ticket offices, two touch screen ticket machines, and three of the more traditional coin-only button machines.
At present there are no lifts at the station for disabled access, nor are there plans to install any in the near or distant future.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2007". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2008". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2009". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2010". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Multi-year station entry-and-exit figures" (XLS). London Underground station passenger usage data. Transport for London. 2013. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- The London, Tilbury & Southend Railway by Peter Kay ISBN 1-899890-19-X
- "Two Stops from Upton Park". Martin Stirrup. Archived from the original on 2012-04-26.
- "Photographic Archive". London Transport Museum. Archived from the original on 2008-03-18.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Upton Park tube station.|
Eastbound platform looking east towards Upminster
|Preceding station||London Underground||Following station|
|Hammersmith & City line||