Urchadh mac Murchadh
Urchadh mac Murchadh (died 943) was King of Maigh Seóla.
Urchadh is one of the earliest attested kings of Uí Briúin Seóla, whose rulers also seem to have exercised some authority over Iar Connacht. His dynasty, the Muintir Murchada, took their name from his father, Murchadh mac Maenach. The Ó Flaithbertaigh family would later claim him as an ancestor.
Urchadh had an elder brother called Urumhain or Earca.
Cléirchén mac Murchadh
|King of Maigh Seóla
Donnchadh mac Urchadh
- West or H-Iar Connaught Ruaidhrí Ó Flaithbheartaigh, 1684 (published 1846, ed. James Hardiman).
- Origin of the Surname O'Flaherty, Anthony Matthews, Dublin, 1968, p. 40.
- Irish Kings and High-Kings, Francis John Byrne (2001), Dublin: Four Courts Press, ISBN 978-1-85182-196-9
- Annals of Ulster at CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts at University College Cork
- Annals of Tigernach at CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts at University College Cork
- Revised edition of McCarthy's synchronisms at Trinity College Dublin.
- Byrne, Francis John (2001), Irish Kings and High-Kings, Dublin: Four Courts Press, ISBN 978-1-85182-196-9
|This Irish biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|