From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Muscles of the female perineum. (Urogenital triangle is roughly equal to top half of diagram.)|
|Muscles of male perineum. (Urogenital triangle is roughly equal to top half of diagram.)|
As might be expected, the contents of the urogenital triangle differ greatly between the male and the female. Some of the components include:
- Posterior scrotal nerves / Posterior labial nerves
- Bulbourethral gland / Bartholin's gland
- Crus penis / Clitoral crura
- Bulb of penis / vestibular bulb
- Urogenital diaphragm
- Muscular perineal body
- Superficial and Deep perineal pouch
- Blood vessels and lymphatics
- Daftary, Shirish; Chakravarti, Sudip (2011). Manual of Obstetrics, 3rd Edition. Elsevier. pp. 1-16. ISBN 9788131225561.
- Anatomy photo:41:01-0201 at the SUNY Downstate Medical Center - "The Female Perineum: Boundaries of the Female Perineum"
- perineum at The Anatomy Lesson by Wesley Norman (Georgetown University) (perineumboundaries)