|District||New Plymouth District|
Uruti is a locality in northern Taranaki, in the North Island of New Zealand. It is located on State Highway 3, north-east of Mimi and south-west of Ahititi. The Uruti Stream meets the Mimi River at this point. The river flows past the settlement into the North Taranaki Bight.
- Peter Dowling (editor) (2004). Reed New Zealand Atlas. Reed Books. pp. map 35. ISBN 0-7900-0952-8.
- Roger Smith, GeographX (2005). The Geographic Atlas of New Zealand. Robbie Burton. pp. map 74. ISBN 1-877333-20-4.
- Maclean, Hester (1932). "XVI. Back-Block District Nursing". Nursing in New Zealand: History and Reminiscences. pp. 86–87.
- "MACLEAN, Hester, R.R.C.". Encyclopedia of New Zealand (1966).
- Bartle, Rhonda (17 February 2005). "Road Tunnels of Taranaki". Puke Ariki.
- "Vigil film set". Te Ara Encyclopedia of New Zealand.
- "The Last Samurai New Zealand Film Location". Tourism New Zealand. Retrieved 2008-07-08.[dead link]
- "Te Kete Ipurangi - Uruti School". Ministry of Education.
- "Jubilees & reunions: Uruti School" ([dead link]). Education Gazette New Zealand 75 (17). 30 September 1996.
General historical works
- 1904-1954, golden jubilee / with the compliments of the Uruti Valley Co-operative Dairy Company, Limited. New Plymouth, [N.Z.]: Avery Print. 1954.
- Uruti School 60th jubilee: in conjunction with Messenger, Musker’s, Pehu: 16th-18th May 1958. Uruti, [N.Z.] ; New Plymouth, [N.Z.]: Jubilee Committee, 1958 ; Taranaki Daily News Co. Ltd. 1958.
- Wilson, Christine; Brooks, Glenwyss (comps.) (0–473–05920–7). Uruti School, 1898-1998: in celebration of 100 years. New Plymouth, [N.Z.]: Uruti School Centennial Committee.