Urwashrahu (in the regional Quechua spelling, urwa infertile, sterile / corn plant without corncob used as fodder, rahu snow, ice, mountain with snow, hispanicized spelling Uruashraju, also Urushraju) is a mountain in the Cordillera Blanca of the Andes of Peru, about 5,722 metres (18,773 ft) high. It is located in the Ancash Region, Huaraz Province, Olleros District, and in the Huari Province, Chavín de Huantar District. Urwashrahu lies south of the mountain Wantsan, east of Kashan and Shaqsha and southeast of Tararwa Lake (Tararhua).
- ^ summitpost.org (including a sketch map), retrieved on October 18, 2013
- ^ Taken from Mountaineering in the Andes by Jill Neate, RGS-IBG Expedition Advisory Centre, 2nd edition, May 1994
- ^ Diccionario Quechua - Español - Quechua, Academía Mayor de la Lengua Quechua, Gobierno Regional Cusco, Cusco 2005 (Quechua-Spanish dictionary)
- ^ babylon.com
- ^ John Biggar, The Andes: A Guide for Climbers, p. 87
- ^ escale.minedu.gob.pe - UGEL map of the Huaraz Province (Ancash Region) showing Urwashrahu labelled "Cerro Verdecocha"