Usability Professionals' Association
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (June 2010)|
According to the UPA official web site, the Usability Professionals’ Association supports people who research, design, and evaluate the user experience of products and services. Founded in 1991, the original 50-member Usability Professionals' Association has grown to serve a community of nearly 2400 members, worldwide, by promoting usability concepts and techniques through its publications, conferences, World Usability Day, and over 46 active local chapters. In 2012, the organization, at their annual conference, announced a name change to "User Experience Professionals Association," and the acronym to UxPA.
According to the UPA official web site the UPA's goals are to:
- provide an international network through which usability professionals can share information about the techniques and methodologies in the profession,
- create an inclusive community for those interested in usability, whether it is their primary focus or a related discipline,
- change new product development processes to include a concern for the people who use them by presenting the business case for usability in product development to colleagues, customers, the public and governmental agencies,
- increase the body of knowledge about usability and user-centered design through professional education, meetings and conventions and other professional interchanges.
The 2013 annual conference for UxPA members is scheduled for June (dates unknown) in Washington, DC.
Historic Conference Themes:
- 2012: Leadership, June 4-8, Henderson (Las Vegas), Nevada, US
- 2011: Designing for Social Change, June 20-24, Atlanta, George, US
- 2010: Embracing Cultural Diversity: User Experience Design for the World, May 24-28, Munich, Germany
- 2009: Bringing Usability to Life, June 8-12, Portland, Oregon
- 2008: The Many Faces of User Experience, June 16–20, Baltimore, Maryland
- 2007: Patterns: Blueprints for Usability, June 11–15, Austin, Texas
- 2006: Usability Through Storytelling, June 12–16, Denver, Colorado
- 2005: Bridging Cultures, June 27 - July 1, Montréal, Québec, Canada
- 2004: Connecting Communities, June 7–11, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 2003: Ubiquitous Usability, June 23–27, Scottsdale, Arizona
- 2002: Humanizing Design, July 8–12, Orlando, Florida
- 2001: Usability- A Winning Experience, June 25–29, Lake Las Vegas, Nevada
UPA publishes a magazine, a peer-reviewed journal and two online publications.
- User Experience Magazine (quarterly, print)
- Journal of Usability Studies (quarterly, online)
- The UPA Voice, the bi-monthly magazine
- UPA Monthly, timely news by email each month
|This article about a professional association is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|