I'm a physicist working in oil services, specifically NMR sensors. I know about a lot of other things as well. I've apparently had a Wikipedia account since January 2004, hard to believe it's already been 11 years. At that time I used my full name, but in the hopes of leaving a somewhat smaller digital searchability footprint connected with my name, I have changed it.
The name of the color represented by 0x0077BE is "Ocean Boat Blue". I picked it because it was easy to remember and not particularly unpleasant. I generally make minor edits or comment in Talk pages about things, because I'm not bold. I will often surf around Special:Random to wade through stubs and learn new things. One thing I have learned is that there are a lot of cricket players.
Here are some articles I'd like to work on expanding:
- Low field NMR - Needs to have Zero field NMR and Earth's field NMR merged into it, then expanded. (SB)
- Nuclear magnetic resonance logging - It's already off to a good start but I can expand considerably. (SB)
- White-collared Starling - I have started expanding this article, could use a recording and more information.
- Poromitra crassiceps - Started this article. Unfortunately there is very little information out there on this species, and what is available is often actually about Poromitra curilensis.
- Bankhead, Atlanta - Started cleaning this up randomly. Seems like it has some potential.
- Spring Branch, Houston - This is very nearly Good Article quality. Needs a bit of copyediting and unfortunately may of the citations are now broken.
Here are some galleries of photos I've taken or figures made:
- World War II Medals - Photos of my grandfather's World War II Medals
- Houston National Register of Historic Places - Places on the National Register of Historic Places, taken as part of the Summer of Monuments 2014 (mostly houses)
- Houston Parks - Parks in Houston, TX.
- User:0x0077BE/Code - Code samples (used to generate figures)
To practice my audio recording and editing skills (and because I am a big fan of audio content), I participate in WikiProject Spoken Wikipedia, both in producing pronunciations and in producing spoken versions of Wikipedia articles. Here are some files I've produced and a few articles I'd like to produce.
- Deepwater Horizon (Listen)
- Fuck: Word Taboo and Protecting Our First Amendment Liberties (Listen)
- Hurricane Claudette (2003) (Listen)
- Sega v. Accolade (Listen)
Here are some articles (mostly FAs, as they tend to be stable), that I am likely to record:
- Ontario Highway 402
- On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog (needs GA review, heavy copyediting)
- GRB 970228
- Makemake (dwarf planet)
- New York State Route 311
- Fiji parrotfinch
- Snoring rail
- 1689 Boston revolt
- Steinway & Sons