|Search user languages|
Dude. I got a barnstar for uploading a ridiculous number of photos of obscure French statesmen. How crazy is that?
The Wikipedia kicks ass. If you want any help writing, finding pictures for, or researching an article, I'd definitely like to collaborate. I particularly like pictures on the Wikipedia; with plentiful, quality pictures added to good prose any article can be a pleasure to read.
- My historical interests are primarily since 1500-ish. But I have not yet found any area of history uninteresting when I've taken the time to look at it.
- Modern politics (at any level)
- Economics (at any level)
My Contributions, listed mainly (read: solely) for my personal vanity. And for curious passers-by who want to vex themselves at some kind of pattern.
Things I have not finished and may and ought to get back to
- Habsburg Spain should be bigger. It should be several articles instead of just one.
- Enlightenment Spain needs more stuff. I'm happy with the political content, but our colleagues on the Spanish wikipedia at La Ilustración en España have made a good article with lots of other information about the period. We've got to mention Domenico Scarlatti.
- Add pictures to History of Spain
Things people should work on
(This is kinda my list of things that I might eventually get to myself, but, if you're out and somehow stumbled here, then please, take a look at the following pages and see about adding to/creating them.)
- Carlist Wars
- Rene Coty
- History of Oman (the history after 1964 is good, but before that it's rather shabby for such an important empire)
- History of the Ottoman Empire
- History of Austria (Needs subarticles)
- Ferenc I Rákóczi
- Five Pecks of Rice - Chinese rebellion
The Most Peculiar Irony of British History
Now, last I checked, this is an English wikipedia.
Yet the British History (particularly English history) section of the English wikipedia is lacking. There are, as I can identify, the following pieces:
- History of Britain (the top-level in the series template for "History of Britain")
- History of the United Kingdom (the last element in "History of Britain")
- Kingdom of Great Britain
The part that I am interested in working on is mainly during and after the Hundred Years' War. Thus:
- Early modern Britain (brief)
- History of the United Kingdom (Mainly needs sub-articles)