User:Adrian J. Hunter
|Peer reviewed papers|
|For repeated demonstration of academic level insight, and encylopedic rigor on bioscience pages. NickCT (talk) 15:02, 26 January 2010 (UTC)|
|The Modest Barnstar|
|This Modest barnstar is awarded to Adrian J. Hunter for copy editing articles totalling 4,199 words during the Guild of Copy Editors July 2010 backlog drive. Your contributions are appreciated!--Diannaa (Talk) 14:46, 1 August 2010 (UTC)|
Highs and lows of my WikiCareer
- Met Jimbo 
- Wrote a FAQ 
- Exposed citogenesis  (What?)
- Cracked a tough one 
- Encountered my antithesis 
- Spoiled a romantic gesture 
- Responded to a creationist 
- Merged three articles into one 
- Got a thank you after 53 weeks 
- Shrank a page by 189823 bytes 
- Saved thousands from blindness 
- Inspired a quasi-religious response 
- Said yes to a question asked in jest 
- Helped review Fungus on its way to FA 
- Added a link to a page about overlinking 
- Caught a copyvio that had stood for 27 months 
- Cleaned up after some Japanese pharmacy students 
- Replaced the entire contents of one page with those of another  (Follow-up)
- Explained the Ninety-ninety rule 
- Insisted bull sharks' diet does not include humans 
- Changed mould back to mold 
|Things I've been accused of|
My babies: four of the Aspergillus strains I've worked with during my PhD.
This grape marc from South Australia's Barossa Valley smells divine.
This Capsela model can turn itself around after running into a wall.
Although there are 10 mm in 1 cm, there are 100 mm2 in 1 cm2. (Used in Area – needs larger numbers and conversion to .svg)
Long-standing errors I've found and fixed (also, a reminder we still have a way to go)
Glycerophospholipids are not "almost exclusive to plant and animal cell membranes", but Glycerophospholipid said they were for nearly 2 years, and the error was viewed ~150,000 times.
Protein-coding genes comprise ~28% of the human genome, but C-value enigma said ~1.5% for 5.5 years, and the error was viewed ~100,000 times.
Cyclic photophosphorylation does not involve photosystem II, but Photophosphorylation said it did for over 6 months, and the error was viewed ~50,000 times.
How to be elite
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at