|Also known as||The Ukulele Dude|
|Associated acts||Motor City Ukes|
|Website||The Ukulele Dude|
Ohana - SK35-GS
An avid ukulele player, I have contributed to a dozen or more articles related to the instrument, gotten a number created, and plan on providing many more! I have had the honor of meeting, listening, and learning from some of the top ukulele players in the world and have studied the history carefully. You can see much of it at The Ukulele Dude.
- Aggie as in a graduate of Texas A&M type Aggie. Yeah, boots and everything!
- Eagle Scout
- Six years on active duty with the US Navy as an Unrestricted Line Officer Served on the USS Tacoma (PG-92) as Chief Engineer, the USS John Rodgers (DD-983) as Communications and Personnel Officer and with 1st Battalion 10th Marines as a Naval Gunfire Liaison Officer.
- Attorney at Law
- Black Belt - Shōrin-ryū Shidōkan
- Philatelist who has exhibited on a national level. APS and ATA
- Author - Several mysteries, including The E-mail Murder and Mystery on Woodward
I consider myself a jack-of-all trades and master of some.
I have a very large collection of memorabilia regarding Gladys Swarthout, a distant relative, and my online biography of her is the primary reference for the material in her article. I also maintain a website on the Swarthout family with history and genealogical information.
|Wikipedia Ads||file info – show another – #69|
- Aggie80's Ukecast draft - (in draft)
- 137th New York Volunteer Infantry - Civil War - (In draft)
- Aldrine Guerrero (in draft) - Current ukulele player - Create Page
- Frank Chapman, Jr. - Notoriety? (in draft)
- The Fabulous Heftones (draft created) - Current Performers - Create Page
- Kalei Gamiao - (in draft)
- Shoei Miyazato - Met and trained with him - Having trouble getting his article accepted, dispite having several thousand students in a half dozen South American countries. Need more references!
- Kala Ukuleles
- Ukulele (magazine)
- David Talsma
- July Paka - Early Ukulele player
- Bill Paaluhi - Early ukulele player
- Alpaca Smith - Early ukulele player
- Craig Chee - Current ukulele player
- Sarah Maisel - Current ukulele player
- Bobby Henshaw - WW1 time frame, may have introduced George Formby Sr to the uke
- Roy Smeck - Needs major overhaul. Currently duplicates the Ukulele Hall of Fame page very closely (reverse copy?) and there is a new resource on the subject, a biography on Roy.
- Arthur Godfrey Add section to indicate the importance to the instrument ref History/Golden Age. Arthur Godfrey and his Ukulele TV show 4 April 1950 to 6/30/1950 15 minutes of instruction.
- Langley Ukulele Ensemble Improve and provide references
- Wendell Hall - Country music star and ukulele player
- Billy "Uke" Scott - Add references
- John Kameaaloha Almeida
- Jesse Kalima
Completed Projects to monitor
Existing Uke Pages I have tweaked, watch and/or monitor:
If you haven't become a member of the Teahouse, check it out!