|Search user languages|
Hi! Welcome to my userpage. I made my first edit to wikipedia in November 2005 and have been editing ever since. I was made an administrator on October 26 2006. Leave me a message on my talk page if you need help that requires my attention. You can also find me at #wikipedia, #wikipedia-in or #vandalism-en-wp IRC channels.
- Creating this article on 10 November, 2005 was my first edit.
- This edit adding a Media section to Ahmedabad on March 27, 2006 was my 1000th edit.
- This edit wishing Rama's Arrow the best for his RfA on May 13, 2006 was my 2000th edit.
- This edit supporting User:Goldom's RfA on 12 August, 2006 was my 3000th edit.
- Creating this bio on 16 September, 2006 was my 4000th edit.
- This revert on 22 November, 2006 was my 5000th edit.
- This edit on Swadhyayee's talk page on December 19, 2006 was my 6000th edit.
- This edit on 13 March, 2007 was my 7000th edit.
- This rollback on 2 June, 2007 was my 8000th edit.
- This edit at the Wikipedia talk:New pages patrol/patrolled pages on 17:30, 17 November 2007 (UTC) was my 9000th edit.
- Here are current stats of my edits (as of 17:30, 17 November 2007 (UTC))
- Total edits 9002
- Distinct pages edited 5418
- Average edits/page 1.66
- First edit 13:09, 10 November 2005
- Main 3668
- Talk 320
- User 405
- User talk 3052
- Image 71
- Template 88
- Template talk 40
- Category 97
- Category talk 1
- Wikipedia 990
- Wikipedia talk 162
- Portal 107
- Portal talk 1
- Admin actions
- Delete 1920
- Restore 12
- Block 588
- Unblock 30
- Protect 22
- Unprotect 8
- Move 19
- Move Redirect 37
- Visit here for a list of articles I have listed at AfD
- I have contributed greatly to the following articles:
- Lists of articles started by me:
- My DYKs
- ...that the Ahmedabad Stock Exchange is the second oldest stock exchange in India, and first functioned under a banyan tree? - June 9 2006
- ...that Indian classical dancer Mrinalini Sarabhai was married to Vikram Sarabhai, considered the Father of the Indian space program? - June 11 2006
- ...that Hindustani classical musician Pandit Vishnu Narayan Bhatkhande ushered in a renaissance of Hindustani music by his reorganisation of Ragas? - June 11 2006
- ...that Pisharoth Rama Pisharoty was an Indian meteorologist who was a pioneer of remote sensing technologies in India? - July 18 2006
- ...that Pandit Vishnu Digambar Paluskar composed Mahatma Gandhi's favourite devotional song, "Raghupati Raghav Raja Ram", which was sung daily during the salt march to Dandi? - August 16 2006
- ...that Vikram Seth's A Suitable Boy is the longest single-volume novel ever published in English? - September 8 2006
- ...that casually shaking either one of the minarets at the Sidi Bashir mosque (pictured) in Ahmedabad causes the other minaret to vibrate a few seconds later? - September 10 2006
- ...that the Wild Ass Wildlife Sanctuary in Gujarat, home to the endangered Asian Wild Ass, is the largest wildlife sanctuary of India? - September 16 2006
- ...that the monkey Ramu, from the Indian state of Orissa was kept behind bars for five years on the charge of disturbing communal harmony? - October 24 2006
- ...that the Satellite Instructional Television Experiment, lauched in 1975, was one of the first demonstrations that showed the potential of satellite technology as an effective mass communication media? - December 7 2006
- ...that Gautam Adani, a school dropout, is the 13th richest person in India? - November 20 2007
I also run a bot - Aksibot - which is used to tag orphaned non-free images. The bot works using the pywikipediabot framework.
I have made a few edits to the Gujarati wikipedia as well as the English wiktionary. I plan to spend more time at the guwiki as it it needs more editors. I am also a member of the Wikimedia Foundation Special projects language subcommittee in charge of developing a clear policy and documentation for new language projects and their proposal, processing those requests, and supporting and coordinating new projects to optimize their success.
Barnstars that I have received in appreciation of my work at Wikipedia. A big thank-you to all my friends at wikipedia.
For all your help in upholding wikipedia integrity - Dineshkannambadi 02:52, 15 January 2007 (UTC)
A barnstar for every single sockpuppet you've caught so far. Rama's arrow (just a sexy boy) 06:57, 10 May 2007 (UTC)
This barnstar is for your amazing work protecting wikipedia against the evil vandals. Cheers! SJP wishes you a happy Veterans Day 13:13, 7 November 2007 (UTC)
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at