From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Articles of Interest
- Genmapp - (Gene Map Annotator and Pathway Profiler) is a free, open-source bioinformatics software tool designed to visualize and analyze genomic data in the context of pathways (metabolic, signaling), connecting gene-level datasets to biological processes and disease.
- Cytoscape - is an open source bioinformatics software platform for visualizing molecular interaction networks and integrating with gene expression profiles and other state data.
- BK channel - a class of ion channels which conduct potassium ions (K+) through cell membranes when activated by depolarization and calcium ions (Ca2+).
- Real name: Alex Pico
- Work: Conklin lab, The Gladstone Inst, UCSF
- Projects: GenMAPP, Cytoscape, WikiPathways, SNPLogic
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Professional Interests: pathway analysis, community curation of biological data, protein structure, ion channels and SNPs.
- Publications: publications list
- Online: LinkedIn, NextNucleus (my blog), The semantic web and me
- Contact: Post a note on my talk page!