Thanks for stopping by my little corner of Wikipedia on Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 04:26. (UTC)
I'm a 35-year-old advertising designer, working for the Arkansas Democrat Gazette in the downtown area of Little Rock, Arkansas. I live across town in Pleasant Valley. Most of my work is for the classified advertising section of the newspaper, and I have worked here for over six years.
I'm also a lifelong Arkansan, originally from Romance, a small community in White County. The local post office back home is particularly popular for its Valentine's Day postmarks, though the postmarks are also greatly appreciated by propsective brides on wedding invitations. KARK-TV, the local NBC television affiliate in Little Rock, broadcast a portion of its Valentine's morning news program from Romance in 2007.
Along with designing, I try to write when I can, including making contributions here at Wikipedia. Though I've been a registered contributor since September 2004, the largest part of my activity in this edition is in minor edits for grammar, spelling correction, and general style. When possible, I try to add original content related to the topics I know best. The topics I find greatest interest in are culture in the Southern United States, specifically that of Arkansas; business histories, with particular focus on retail; food and cooking in general; television; and newspapers.
Current Pages of Interest
Fall may be here, but the autumn leaves aren't drifting by my window just yet. Not for lack of hope...
Places around Arkansas with major events this fall...
- Helena-West Helena, Arkansas — Arkansas Blues and Heritage Festival, in October
- Mountain View, Arkansas — Arkansas Beanfest and Championship Outhouse Race, in October; Mountain View Bluegrass Festival, in November
- Stuttgart, Arkansas — World's Championship Duck Calling Contest and Wings Over The Prairie Festival, during Thanksgiving weekend
- Panera Bread, coming to Little Rock later this year
- Wells Fargo, poised to enter the Arkansas banking market via its acquisition of Texarkana's Century Bank
- Verizon Wireless, currently awaiting closure of its deal to acquire Little Rock-based Alltel
Television & Film
The new television season is finally here!
Three musicians who share my birthday, September 23 —
Food & Drink
Projects in the Works
This list is sure to grow...
Works in Progress
Pages I'm expanding that I've written, or pages of interest I'm currently working to improve...
- Improvement of articles on the legacy nameplates that have been folded into Macy's and its various divisions.
- Expansion of the new article on Alltel spinoff Windstream Communications.
- Good Morning, Miami and related articles
- Veronica Mars and related articles
- The O.C. and related articles
- Alias and related articles
- Romance, Arkansas
- Arkansas State Highway 10
- Pulaski Heights, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Riverdale, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Template:Little Rock, Arkansas neighborhoods
- Chenal Valley, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Brodie Creek, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Pinnacle Valley, Little Rock, Arkansas
- El Paso, Arkansas
- Helena-West Helena, Arkansas
- Quapaw Quarter, Little Rock, Arkansas
- East Little Rock, Arkansas
- Template:Olympic Winter Games Host Cities
- Template:Olympic Summer Games Host Cities
- Dr. Neil Roberts
- Lindsay Gardner
- Pleasant Valley, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Hall High, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Arkansas Times
- Jake Kane
- Isabelle Vaughn
- Just a Little Lovin'
More About Me
|Search user languages|
Please visit the Arkansas Traveler disambiguation page if you reached this user page in error.