|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
|Axiosaurus is currently busy and is going to be on Wikipedia in off-and-on doses.|
I live in Ogle a small hamlet 12 miles north west of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK. I am now retired. Initially trained as a chemist (PhD at Lancaster University some 35 years ago) I ended up making a career in IT.
My interests wiki wise are main group chemistry, structural chemistry.
I dislike editors who add material without checking it out first to establish that it has a basis in fact, who add unreferenced material, who make multiple edits instead of composing their edit in a sandbox and moving it across, who can't admit they are wrong.
To do list
Lanthanide - oxidation states - add +4 Dy in e.g. hexahalo ion from Greenwood and tetravalent state in Encyclopedia
- Cerium article- little or no content on +4 state. CeCl62- anion - aqueous chem mssing dimer (recent paper)- also in Belousov - Z reaction
- Dysprosium article - +4 ox state in e.g. hexahalo ions
- Lutetium article - silly statement that only ox state is +3 - what about DyQ, (S, SE etc)- insulating monochalcogenides, also all the pseudo +2
- Scandium (GA) - so much missing- carbides, borides, nitride, phosphide and hydrides poorly covered
- Yttrium(FA) - hardly any chemistry there- all based on Daanes excellent 1968 publication
- Sulfur (C) missing sulfur polycations- only reference is in the sulfide section ha ha!; sulfur oxo-acids, chemical properties missing double bonding, hard soft acid base; incorrect informatiom on halogens, length of sulfide bridges in cured rubber, no mention of rubber vulcanization in lede; oxide section a bit light; no interchalcogen compounds
Peroxophosphoric acids, peroxophophates
- Carbonate missing solubility summary of salts, missing carbanato complexes (neutral and other), missing occurence of MIII carboantes for larger cations
- various carbonate articles- missing structural information
Hydrides- alloys or compounds
- address chromium, iron articles and correct the TiH2 article when alloy furore resolved
- gallium(I) oxide (suboxide) missing
- Atomic carbon - add carbido complexes/cluster (Wiberg p 1562) (Steinborn Fundamentals of organometallic catalysis) Wades rule for clusters C may hypervalent carbo-cations CHn+ bonding is between the Au and C, metal metal bonding negligible so no cluster , and no Wade's rules explanation.
- aluminothermic reaction aluminothermic process thermite all related missing content.
- aluminium fluoride mentions aluminium production but needs expanding hall-heroult process
- All of the hydride articles!
- non-stoichiometric compounds
- polysulfide- errors and transition metal complexes, derived from polysulfanes
- sulfide errors, metal sulfides more content required
- bismuthate (include mixed bi oxides - structures etc ; sodium bismuthate(structure, indeterminate analysis of commercial product- mixture- ref said carbonate water etc contams
- Tool set
- Axiosaurus talk page
- Draft1 oxidation state
- Draft2 gallium chalcogenides
- Draft4 thallium chalcogenides