- By topic (prior to June 1, 2009):
- Dated (beginning June 1, 2009):
This archive contains discussions relating to RfA and RfC.
Here's a userbox for you. --Cyde Weys 04:19, 9 March 2006 (UTC)
--Obli (Talk)? 20:47, 9 March 2006 (UTC)
I'm leaving this macrophage
, a particularly hungry white blood cell on your talk page, I just finished a rewrite of its article and realized they're not so different from administrators, as they keep their surroundings clean, doing away with anything that's not supposed to be there...
Anyway, with that short lecture on cell biology done with, I'd like to thank you for your vote on my RfA
, which passed with (49/2/0)
, I'll do my best to not let you down, and if you see me heading towards a common newbie mistake, please nudge me in the right direction :)
Hi. Thanks for the message. After consideration I've expressed an interest in becoming an admin at the page. Mark83 18:07, 26 February 2006 (UTC)
Best watch out
CSCWEM may beat your support vote record! ::waves clown pennant in the bleachers and cheers:: —BorgHunter
ubx (talk) 02:59, 16 March 2006 (UTC)
- I have no doubt of it! I've certainly had it long enough, though. BD2412 T 13:40, 16 March 2006 (UTC)
- Haven't crossed paths with you in a long while as I was away, so congrats on the ADMIN. As active as you are, perhaps you can suggest a solution. I stumbled into an undeveloped stub and while it's not my bag, I figured I'd do the book report for Wiki (see: 1632 (novel), which just happens to be one of my favorite re-reads). While my first stab is in the right direction it's been about 35 years since my last book report, so I'm seeking some leads to such articles that were FA or at least nominees. I'd left a note with the much mourned Radiant! Click that sums it up. I guess the key questions are A) is this sort of thing every a successful FA candidate? (B related: where would I look to see that!) and C) Are there any guidelines that you know of, or party to whom you can refer me that would know that answer?
- Again, Congradulations! I'd have made it 184:0 (an amazing stat, that!) had I been around to vote. And thanks in advance for whatever you can steer me to. FrankB 00:47, 18 March 2006 (UTC)
- I'd have to say that the town at the moment is rather casual and laudatory to the book - not necessarily encyclopedic. I'll have to look at it again after a good night's sleep. Cheers! BD2412 T 05:08, 18 March 2006 (UTC)
Red October quote
Do you recall which quote you were referring to when you supported Karmafist's RFA, saying "bringing to mind a quote from The Hunt for Red October"? TheJabberwock 03:57, 18 March 2006 (UTC)
- A short one - "Give the man a chance". BD2412 T 05:00, 18 March 2006 (UTC)
My RFA withdrawal :(
Hello BD2412, it is my apologies to bring you that I've withdrawn my RFA. Due to the lack of experience, I would go under admin coaching first before trying again later. I would thank you for your vote in this RFA whether you voted support, oppose or neutral for me. I appreciate your comments (if you do have) you made and I hope to see you here in future. --Terence Ong 10:12, 20 March 2006 (UTC)
Pastor of Muppets
I would take that name. However, there is already a User:Pastor of Muppets. I stole his name once for my signature, too >_> M o P 18:06, 26 March 2006 (UTC)
As of 15:18, 23 of March I have contributed for 6th months to Wikipedia, I am now begining the 7th. Should I accept one of the nom offers, or wait another month? Prodego talk 20:34, 26 March 2006 (UTC)
- You're ready to go - and I'll definitely throw in my stroooong support! BD2412 T 21:52, 26 March 2006 (UTC)
- Ok, I contacted User:Nufy8. (I know I have to set my e-mail, and I will) Prodego talk 22:14, 26 March 2006 (UTC)
- Done, set up, and listed. E-mail is also done. Prodego talk 20:04, 27 March 2006 (UTC)
- I hope so too, if not its going to be another 3 months, and I really could use rollback and block for vandal fighting. Prodego talk 20:13, 27 March 2006 (UTC)
I have replied on my talk page since I think this may be a conversation where I want everything in one place! -Splashtalk 23:15, 26 March 2006 (UTC)
Thank you very much for your kind words and this opportunity. I have accepted the nomination and answered the relevant questions. Mark83 15:51, 31 March 2006 (UTC)
||Hello BD2412/Archive - RfA: Thank you for supporting me in my RfA, which passed with a final tally of 77/3/0. I hope I can perform at the standards expected for administrators. If I make any mistakes, or you need anything, please let me know. Prodego talk 01:14, 4 April 2006 (UTC)
A favor please
Hello friend, do you remember me? In the month of September 2005, your vote had made me an administrator. we all know that the life here is exciting and full of challenges. I would request you to please spare fem moments for me, and favor me with your comments and suggestions (here please) on my performance as a wikipedian. Let us continue to build the Better than the Best global encyclopedia. Thank you and regards. --Bhadani 10:27, 29 April 2006 (UTC)
I wanted to stop by and thank you for your constructive criticism of my RFA. It's helped, and is helping, to improve me as a wikipedian and an editor. I look forward to gaining your support in the future. Until then, keep on keepin on. ⇒ SWATJester Ready Aim Fire! 19:37, 29 April 2006 (UTC)
Welcome back! Just wanted to say thank you again for nominating me for adminship. As you may have seen the RfA was successful. Best regards, --Mark83 17:07, 7 May 2006 (UTC)
||The count is in, and now I join the crew who wield the mops and pails.
- Thanks for your support! I pledge to serve both you and Jimbo Wales.
If you have anything you need, then please don't think to hesitate.
- For I am the very model of a grateful admin designate!
Samir and Kilo-Lima were bizarrely practicing their (non-existent) Russian, and MaxSem and Nevermind were making fun of them. It was actually pretty funny. - CrazyRussian talk/contribs/email 04:16, 13 June 2006 (UTC)
- Does the humor translate? BD2412 T 04:19, 13 June 2006 (UTC)
||Hello BD2412, and an individually customized thank you for your support at my request for adminship, which ended with an awe-inspiring 86/1/2 result. I plan to do much with my shiny new tools - but I'll start slow and learn the ropes at first. BDA, You're one of the few Wikipedians (to whom I look up) (whom I look up to) as my mentors. Thanks for everything. For Mother Russia!! - CrazyRussian talk/contribs/email 05:06, 13 June 2006 (UTC)
Hi BD2412/Archive - RfA, thank you for voting in my RFA
which failed eventually at a result of (91/51/8)
. I do not plan to run for adminship until a later date. Once again, I would like to thank you for voting. --Terence Ong (talk | contribs)
14:47, 13 June 2006 (UTC)
SushiGeek 01:40, 14 June 2006 (UTC) (However, I'll only create the page if you accept. I nominated you as WikiFanatic and you declined.)
- Afraid I would continue to decline - I am quite content with my current status, very busy outside of Wikipedia (see my current status atop the page indicating that I am "doing a huge amount of work on this case") and will not consider a 'crat nomination until I have been an admin for at least a year. Thanks for thinking of me, tho. Cheers! BD2412 T 02:30, 14 June 2006 (UTC)
- Also, I believe noms for cratship are usually self-noms? Prodego talk 03:07, 14 June 2006 (UTC)
- Usually, but not always. SushiGeek 03:10, 14 June 2006 (UTC)
- Good point, tho - if I choose to go that route, I will self-nominate, and I will use the page you created initially, with a note that it was an adjustment from an earlier offer. BD2412 T 03:25, 14 June 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for your support in my RfA!
||Thanks for voting!
Hello BD2412/Archive - RfA, and thanks for your support in my recent RfA. I'm pleased to announce that it passed with a final tally of (96/0/0). I was overwhelmed by all of the nice comments and votes of confidence from everyone. Thanks again, and see you around! OhNoitsJamie Talk 06:34, 30 June 2006 (UTC)
Thanks so much for the support on my recent RfA, which I'm quite happy to announce has passed with a consensus of 67 supporting, 0 opposed and 0 neutral. I'm glad you took me into consideration and judged me to be a good enough candidate to support, and I'll be working hard to justify the vote of confidence you've placed in me. Let me know at my talk page if you have any comments on how I'm doing as an admin. Thanks! TheProject 22:15, 30 June 2006 (UTC)
A belated thank you
I've been off Wikipedia for about a week due to illness and work, but I wanted to say thank you for your positive vote on my RfA, especially for that “Holy cow!” comment. It was wonderful to have such positive feedback, especially once the no votes started to come in. Unfortunately, the RfA didn't go through, but it was a good experience nonetheless.
Thank you. — DLJessup (talk) 19:21, 4 July 2006 (UTC)
I thought that you might want to know: Grendelkhan accepted your RfA nomination. Alphachimp talk 15:59, 16 July 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks - notice taken! bd2412 T 18:36, 16 July 2006 (UTC)
The Halo's RfA
Just wanted to say thanks for supporting me! Please find your thank you card here, should you wish to see it. I'm honored to have received your support. All the best, ~Eliz81(C) 21:43, 24 November 2007 (UTC)
Official thanks, slightly delayed due to post-RfA crash (who knew?)
...for helping me navigate the waters of my surprisingly peaceful RFA, which closed successfully with 85 supports, 1 oppose, and 0 neutral.
I would particularly like to thank Acalamari and Alison, my nominators, and everyone who watched the page and ran the tally.
If there is anything I can do to be of service in the future, please feel free to contact me.
If you hate RfA thankspam, please forgive me. I promise I won't block you in retaliation for deleting it ;-)
And forgive me if I need a Wikibreak now and then (like now. I'm exhausted!). You wouldn’t want to see me climbing the Reichstag, now would you?
Off to flail around with my new mop! (what?!)
Kathryn NicDhàna ♫♦♫
This RfA thanks inspired by Neranei's, which was inspired by VanTucky's which was in turn inspired by LaraLove's which was inspired by The Random Editor's, which was inspired by Phaedriel's original thanks.
My steward election
Thank you for supporting my steward election having passed with 72-1-4-99%.--Jusjih (talk) 23:43, 30 December 2007 (UTC)
Would you like to become a bureaucrat? Valtoras (talk) 01:29, 21 March 2008 (UTC)
- At this time, no. But thanks for the offer - cheers! bd2412 T 02:14, 21 March 2008 (UTC)
- That's alright. Don't feel at all pressured into something like this (looking through your archives, there was a whole ton of pressure for you to have an RfA), as it is a massive commitment to the project to become a 'crat. You are an excellent editor/administrator, and an asset to the project in every respect. Valtoras (talk) 08:32, 21 March 2008 (UTC)
It appears Wikipedia:Requests for adminship/Kappa 3 will not be accepted. May I delete it? MBisanz talk 06:29, 1 May 2008 (UTC)
- I'd rather you not - Kappa comes and goes, and eventually may get an RFA that sticks (even if that takes years). If that happens, I'd still like it to be this one. Cheers! bd2412 T 06:34, 1 May 2008 (UTC)
Well, I just finished pasting 82 identical thank-you notes onto 82 users' talk pages (spam!), but I thought you deserved something a little more personal. Thank you very much for nominating me and for monitoring the comments on the !voting page; I thought it best not to respond to anything other than direct questions, but your responses were spot-on and uniformly helpful. Don't hesitate to ask if there's ever anything I can do for you (... oh, wait, you already have ...). --R'n'B (call me Russ) 21:46, 24 January 2009 (UTC)
- :-) bd2412 T 21:52, 24 January 2009 (UTC)
Thanks for the smile!
I loved this post over at RfA. Thanks! Unschool 21:16, 22 February 2009 (UTC)
- I came to comment on the same thing. Except, I'm more of a (literal) LOL kind of girl, and I did. :) --Moonriddengirl (talk) 15:19, 23 February 2009 (UTC)