|This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page. Please direct any additional comments to the current talk page.|
- 1 Bengal Renaissance
- 2 just a clarification...
- 3 Re:urdu script needed
- 4 Asian-German Sports Exchange Program
- 5 Wikipedia:Barnstar_and_award_proposals/New_Proposals#Hinduism_WikiProject_Award
- 6 Why do you remove other's comments
- 7 Bangla Script
- 8 Sikhism userbox
- 9 Your post
- 10 Formation of India and 'Expelling'
- 11 Comments to Nadirali (talk · contribs)
- 12 Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration/Hkelkar
- 13 DYK
- 14 DYK
- 15 Hindi wiki
- 16 Reply
- 17 Aksi gave me slight indication.
- 18 Signpost updated for December 11th.
- 19 Article in need of cleanup - please assist if you can
- 20 user name profane
- 21 Ban
- 22 Sindhi language
- 23 Dab's Indigenous Aryan theory
- 24 Jagadguru
- 25 Goa inquisition
- 26 China
- 27 Criticism of Upanishads
- 28 Hoysala Empire
- 29 In the Line of Fire by Pervez Musharraf
- 30 Signpost updated for December 18th.
- 31 Baka, can you check my today's comments on Hinduism?
- 32 Comments
- 33 Baka, I am not knowing your interest.
- 34 hindu cats
- 35 Muhammad Iqbal reverts
- 36 categories
- 37 Re:qaseeda
- 38 Thanks Baka.
- 39 Template not working
- 40 Personal attack
- 41 Indians in New Zealand
- 42 Who are you
- 43 Swami in Category:Italian Indians
- 44 Happy Holidays!
- 45 Oh I see Baka you and Aupmanyavji both are online.
- 46 Thanks
- 47 Nomination!
- 48 Happy New Year 2007
Setting a hard and fast date may lead to a controversy because there are differences in opinion even amongst historians. I take a broad outer limit of 1800-1940 but I think it is better to leave the matter right now. Plus/minus 10/20 years does not make much of a differnce. Moreover, apart from the year, there are other aspects that would also need to be considered. Thanks and regards. -- P.K.Niyogi 03:26, 4 December 2006 (UTC)
just a clarification...
man, if you think it was me (kumarnator) that wrote that Fowler and Fowler was indian; it wasnt. I am the one trying to diminish pakistani/muslim/arab propaganda on wikipedia. Thanks, and good luck on wikiproject hinduism!!!!! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Kumarnator (talk • contribs) 06:28, 4 December 2006 (UTC).
Re:urdu script needed
Namaste Bakasuprman. As you requested, I have added my comments to the case. Please let me know how you feel about them. Also, I will add the Urdu script to Munshi Premchand as soon as I get the opportunity. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks, AnupamTalk 00:11, 6 December 2006 (UTC)
Please give some idea how to cleanup
Rajsingam 6 Dec. 2006
Why do you remove other's comments
Why do you remove other's comments from others talk pages - Sorry, In case I have misunderstood the situation MerryJ-Ho 17:20, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
Please, check the discussions on proposal page or Village Pump on vernacular scripts. I am ready to provide Bangla scripts to your proposed pages. But, I guess, you'd like to reconsider the proposal itself. - Aditya Kabir 19:09, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
No problem! -- DiegoTehMexican 02:04, 9 December 2006 (UTC)
I like it - its looks good - well done! I will use it when I become active again on wikipedia - At present, I have my hands full at Sikhiwiki --Hari Singh 21:37, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
I'm not Sikh. I do plan to write some articles about Sikh philosophy and theology soon, though. I may join the Khalsa at some point; I'm learning Panjabi now. Arrow740 05:31, 9 December 2006 (UTC)
Formation of India and 'Expelling'
There is a fierce discussion going on in the India page with Fowler&fowler trying to impose eurocentric views on words such as "Colony" and removing "Formation" info from the India Infobox. I request you to put in your comments supporting the removal of the sentence "Colonised as ..." and reframing it to "India emerged as a...expelled the non-natives...single nation-state". I also request your support for the Formation info in the infobox. Additionally I also request your support that references need not be necessary all the time (as all references contain eurocentric terms).
An Indic page should have a non-nationalistic Indic view and not euro-dominant views.
Regards, Himalayanashoka 07:04, 9 December 2006 (UTC)
This case is now closed and the results have been posted above.
- is banned for one year.
- editing under any name or anonymous ip is banned from Wikipedia for one year.
- is banned for a year for personal attacks, disruptive comments, edit-warring and incivility.
- BhaiSaab is placed on probation for an indefinite period. He may be banned from any article or set of articles which he disrupts. All bans to be logged at Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration/Hkelkar#Log_of_blocks_and_bans.
- Hkelkar and socks is placed on probation for an indefinite period. He may be banned from any article or set of articles which he disrupts. All bans to be logged at Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration/Hkelkar#Log_of_blocks_and_bans.
- TerryJ-Ho is placed on probation for an indefinite period. He may be banned from any article or set of articles which he disrupts. All bans to be logged at Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration/Hkelkar#Log_of_blocks_and_bans.
Why did you put your article Bhai Gurdas up on the "Next Update" right away, less than 3 hours after you edited it the very first time? We are not that short of candidates! --cheers, / Camptown 01:52, 11 December 2006 (UTC)
Such offensive language and vandalism will not be tolerate by me in Hindi Wikipedia. As an admin, I have blocked the offender for 1 month upon your request. Cygnus_hansa 01:57, 11 December 2006 (UTC)
- What is your native language? Your userpage indicates that it is Tamil. Tamil Wiki would be a better place to edit because it is in a much better situation than Hindi. GizzaChat © 06:24, 11 December 2006 (UTC)
Aksi gave me slight indication.
Aksi gave me slight indication. Good, this was probably to discourage you for bold views and edits. swadhyayee 01:14, 12 December 2006 (UTC)
- Glad everything worked out, it would be a shame to see such a user get blocked. — Seadog 03:46, 12 December 2006 (UTC)
I went to talk pg. of HeBhagawan. Priyanath had left a message there. I came to know only yesterday. I opposed. Aksi thought it to be HKelkar matter and wrote me HKelkar, Bhaisaab & TerryJ-HO were banned for an year. I had seen Bhaisaab leaving messages to you but couldn't understand head & tail without context. swadhyayee 04:06, 12 December 2006 (UTC)
Signpost updated for December 11th.
|Volume 2, Issue 50||11 December 2006||About the Signpost|
|Home | Archives | Newsroom | Tip Line | Single-Page View||Shortcut : WP:POST|
You are receiving this message because you have signed up for the Signpost spamlist. If you wish to stop receiving these messages, simply remove your name from the list. Ralbot 04:49, 12 December 2006 (UTC)
Article in need of cleanup - please assist if you can
user name profane
Bakaman, this is user Aupmanyav, I hope you remember me. A user has taken up an profane user name 'brahmin-gaand-maaru' (Brahmin Ass Fucker), which being a brahmin, I resent greatly. Please take whatever action is necessary. I spent time to find out what should be done (Wikipedia abuse policy is so contorted, at many other sites one just has to click at 'report abuse' link), but was not successful. Thanks and regards. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Aupmanyav (talk • contribs).
- Yes bhai, I do remeber you. I am a brahmin myself and will get an Indian admin to indef ban this user.Bakaman 14:48, 13 December 2006 (UTC)
I put in a good word for you, though it appears that the Arbitration committee had already decided not to ban you, which is no surprise to me.
CiteCop 16:30, 15 December 2006 (UTC)
If you really wish to add Gurmukhi to Sindhi language, please create a new section where it would be discussed, and please provide accurate, detailed and up-to date sources. Thank you, and best wishes. Mar de Sin Speak up! 21:00, 15 December 2006 (UTC)
Dab's Indigenous Aryan theory
Dab has created a page on the completely non-notable Indigenous Aryan Theory which (is meant to) represent the latter half of the Out of India theory. He has then proposed to split the Out of India theory page to two pages, IAT and OIT. I disagree because Indigenous Aryan theory is susceptible to deletion any time as it is completely non-notable and the OIT page is capable on its own to represent both halves of itself. Splitting information across two articles won't help their quality in this case. I have responded to Dab at Talk:Out of India theory, please express your views. Nobleeagle [TALK] [C] 03:43, 16 December 2006 (UTC)
Hey Baka, thank you very much for the appreciation. This is the kind of stuff that keeps me rockin' and contributing to Wiki. Jagadguru was really great. Hi books on Vedic Math and Sanatan Dharma are exceptional. Keep rockin' Baka ! --NRS | T/M\B 11:59, 16 December 2006 (UTC)
Hmmm. I will wait for the result of the checkuser. The article should remained locked till then just to see that the edit-warring/vandal reverts do not begin again. It is just a matter of a few days. - Aksi_great (talk) 18:51, 16 December 2006 (UTC)
I removed sourced info yes. But that info has nothing to do with the article and even misleading. Some are details that can be read from the references and in fact, I have preserved those references. I have done the edits with reasons given. That's not considered vandalizing. Reverting edits without reasons are however consider vandalism. 126.96.36.199 01:40, 17 December 2006 (UTC)
- I have made replies on Rumpelstiskin user's page and maybe we all can discuss my changes in the Talk Page of that article? I can compromise. I am not unreasonable nor a vandalizer. 188.8.131.52 01:56, 17 December 2006 (UTC)
Criticism of Upanishads
I ran across the Criticism of Upanishads article today and finding it in poor condition, have edited/reorganized it. I saw that you had created the article and commented on its Talk page; so could you please take a look at my edits (as well as my message on the Talk page) and give me your feedback. Thanks. Abecedare 07:30, 17 December 2006 (UTC)
I will take care of your concerns. I guess you feel the "See also" is kind of lumped and needs to be organised.right.thanks.Dineshkannambadi 13:33, 18 December 2006 (UTC)
In the Line of Fire by Pervez Musharraf
Hey, I've read the first half of Musharraf's autobiography and come to the conclusion that it is unfit to be cited on in Wikipedia. There are so many inaccuracies and outright lies and propaganda that one can hardly call it a decent source ANYWHERE on Wikipedia. Some of the truthful bits can be cited through some other source if they really are true. Just wondered what your views on this were and whether there were any articles in which users are sourcing him. Nobleeagle [TALK] [C] 05:18, 19 December 2006 (UTC)
Signpost updated for December 18th.
|Volume 2, Issue 51||18 December 2006||About the Signpost|
|Home | Archives | Newsroom | Tip Line | Single-Page View||Shortcut : WP:POST|
You are receiving this message because you have signed up for the Signpost spamlist. If you wish to stop receiving these messages, simply remove your name from the list. Ralbot 05:56, 19 December 2006 (UTC)
Baka, can you check my today's comments on Hinduism?
Baka, can you check my today's comments on Hinduism? swadhyayee 13:17, 19 December 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for noticing, I also have to do the same with war crimes, pogroms, political oppression etc, long way to go. Thanks anywayRaveenS 15:28, 19 December 2006 (UTC)
Baka, I am not knowing your interest.
Baka, I know you have been creating so many articles. I do not know your particular interest but I wish to bring to your notice two news appeared in our press. 1) 70 Hindu temples demolished in Malayasia and Hindus have gone to courts for protection. The plantation labour around 1957 had built Hindu temples without permission. For infrastructure development, Malayasian authorities are demoliting temples from public places. The population of Malayasia is 26 millions, Hindus being 8%, Muslims are 60% and remaining are Christains, Chinese and Bauddha. 2) British Airways have ordered their crew not to take along with them Bible when they go to Saudi Arabia. In the news, they have referred the airlines as BMI. It is alleged that on account of some instructions from Riyadh, the crew are ordered to carry Kuran in place of Bible. The staff has resented the order. A female executive is moving Industrial Tribunal. The airlines has preferred not to give Saudi Arabia duty to this lady. As per the spokesman of the airlines, The Foreign Ministry (Britain ?) has advised that it's not considered to be appropriate to carry non-Islamic scripture in Saudi Arabia. They believe that The British Embassy based in Saudi Arabia had obtain assurance that Saudi Arabia will not implement Saudi Arabia's will by force but Saudi Arabia get disturbed on this count. A worker of BMI told that the crew is extremely religious and they carry Bible where ever they go. They expressed that they do not want to risk million dollar profiting Saudi route. A British leading newspaper mentioned that the next rule would be not to put on cross. swadhyayee 15:48, 19 December 2006 (UTC)
Could you point me to some cats for Hindu biographies and such. I am from hi wiki, and have translated part of your article on Garib Nawaz after seeing it on main page.KingromT 17:51, 19 December 2006 (UTC)
Muhammad Iqbal reverts
Please use a helpful edit summary when reverting anything other than simple vandalism, especially when the user has expressed frustration that they don't know why their edits are being reverted with no explanation. Even just asking the user to take it to the talk page in the edit summary is much better! Thanks, -- Renesis (talk) 03:36, 20 December 2006 (UTC)
- Oh, that's ok. That must have happened several times to that editor. I looked through there logs and it looked like they got reverted every time, with no explanation any of the times, and all by different people. From their edit summaries, they obviously weren't taking it well. Sorry for assuming it was from neglect on your part... -- Renesis (talk) 16:55, 20 December 2006 (UTC)
Actually I meant to ask you about this: There is a category called Kashmiri people, and you've included Kashmiri Shaivites in that category, however, there are some South Indians (malayalees, kannadas) who are considered koshur shaivites. I noticed there was an article called "list of kashmiri pandits" but there wasn't a category for kashmiri pandits.
I think the change you are referring to was for Gurudev. Kashmiri pandit normally does not refer to caste; all kashmiris are brahmanas, but kashmiri pandit is a unique heritage, and normally just means kashmiri hindu.
Namaste Bakaman. Thanks for your inquiry. A qaseeda is a form of poetry, usually written in praise of a leader. The word probably made its way into Urdu from the Arabic language. I'll put the Urdu and Hindi scripts on the Krishan Bheel article soon. Thanks, AnupamTalk 23:36, 20 December 2006 (UTC)
Thanks Baka. I have added Hinduism notice board to my watch list. When time just see what else can be removed which improve our understanding. I feel that CyberAnth discussion should be sent to garbage bin. Moving it to HNB will give addl. disgusting views.
swadhyayee 06:39, 21 December 2006 (UTC)
Template not working
Hi, I saw your name in WikiProject India list. I have created my userpage and added templates but the templates Template:User Marathi and
are not working. Do you know if there are any other templates for these. Azad Sawant 11:41, 21 December 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks for replacing those templates. I will look in the categories for other boxes. I cannot help but appreciate your helpful nature. Azad Sawant 09:12, 22 December 2006 (UTC)
"Nonsense you spewed" is not just talking of content, "you spewed" is not talking of content but a person, and it has negative rather than positive connotations. What is nonsense is a POV, I can have an opinion on your content too. So the point remains that you made a provocative comment. Looking at the history we have had it does not look like you are trying to get into a discussion but are provoking. So I would request that some restraint is used if we do end up on any further discussions. Haphar 15:44, 21 December 2006 (UTC)
Indians in New Zealand
People of Indian descent are referred to as "Indians" in New Zealand. The official census, 2006, included a question on ethnicity, and "Indian" was one of the choices. Most Indian people in New Zealand are of Indo-Fijian origin. The published figures for the census do not give the Indian population however, it appears to have been rolled into an "Asian" ethnicity.
Other than in the census, the term "Asian" in New Zealand most commonly means Chinese. It would be relatively uncommon for an Indian person to be called an Asian. This is unlike Britain, where "Asian" most commonly means Indian or Pakistani.-gadfium 19:15, 21 December 2006 (UTC)
- "Indian" is a commonly used term, but "New Zealand Indian" is also used ("New Zealand" is both the noun and adjectival form for this country). FWIW, some prominent examples include the current Governor-general, Anand Satyanand, my home city (Dunedin)'s former mayor Sukhi Turner, and cricketers Dipak Patel and Jeetan Patel. Not sure whether you'd count MP Ashraf Choudhary, since he was born in what is now Pakistan immediately before partition, IIRC. Grutness...wha? 22:11, 21 December 2006 (UTC)
Who are you
I see your posts into my Talk page. Its encouraging and thanks for that. Are you some sort of Admin or a level over regular user?
I am not sure how I need to handle PN Oak section as there seems to be people who would just suppress anything that even remotely threatens Chr or Isl supremacy.Bheeshma 19:47, 21 December 2006 (UTC)
Swami in Category:Italian Indians
Hey Baka - The Swami in the ITA Indians seems to be an Italian who converted to Hinduism. If so he wouldn't be an Italian Indian, as he isn't an Indian citizen. If he is of Indian ethnicity, that would make him an Indian Italian. If he is an ethnic Italian who converted, then he wouldn't be an Indian as a noun or an adjective....Blnguyen (bananabucket) 04:04, 22 December 2006 (UTC)
- I see....thanks. Perhaps it should be pointed out that he immigrated to India. I take it that he is an ethnic Italian and was born with an Italian name then? I see that there are a few erroneously cats like Category:British Pakistanis - Sajid Mahmood and Owais Shah didn't move from UK to Pakistan but the other way around - I also see Monty Panesar under "British Asians" which gives me the impression he moved from UK to Punjab - lol - Blnguyen (bananabucket) 04:12, 22 December 2006 (UTC)
Oh I see Baka you and Aupmanyavji both are online.
Oh I see Baka you and Aupmanyavji both are online. So I might expect a fast response. swadhyayee 18:08, 22 December 2006 (UTC)
For the congrats on the DYK. It was seeing your DYK list that tuned me into it in the first place. I have a long ways to go before I'm worthy to take the dust of your feet in that regard, as my time here is pretty limited - but I will try DYK again when I want to give exposure to another good article or idea. ॐ Priyanath talk 18:20, 22 December 2006 (UTC)
Happy New Year 2007