Hinduism in Armenia
Hinduism in Armenia has a long tradition dating back to the first millenium C.E. The prevalence of the religion declined quite a bit after the 4th century CE when Christians invaded Armenia and slaughtered all of the Hindus and pagans remaining in the area.
Hinduism in armenia Indian Settlement in Armenia and Armenian Settlements in India Santosh: An Armenian Woman from the Seventeenth Century Persecution of Hare Krishna in Armenia conclusion Armenians - The Merchant Princes of India
Politics of the NE
- ISI bid to pit Muslims against Christians in NE - Tribune India - October 25, 2004
Many hues of a rainbow The Hindu - June 11, 2006
- An Island of Many Gods: Bali's Oasis of Calm
- India denies Bali Govt sought help to promote Hindu culture
Hinduism in Indonesia
- U.S. Department of State Annual Report on International Religious Freedom for 2006 - Indonesia - September 2006
- Kampung Chitty in Melaka
- Unique Chitty village
- some sites
- A Colorful Past, An Uncertain Future Hinduism Today - June 1989
Na kulam vrittahinasya
Pramanamiti me matihi /
Vrittameva vishishyate //
– Mahabharata, Udyoga Parva, Ch 34, v 41.
Put light in our brahmanas, put it in our chiefs (kings), (put) light in vaishyas and shudras, put light in me by your light.
Rucham no dhehi brahmaneshu
Rucham rajasu naskridhi |
Rucham vishveshu shudreshu
Mayi dhehi rucha rucham ||
–Taittiriya Samhita V 7.6 3-4
High birth can be no certificate for a person of no character. But persons with good character can distinguish themselves irrespective of low birth.
Yastu Shudro dame satye
dharme cha satatotthitah /
tam brahmanamaham manye
vritten hi bhavet dvijah //
– Mahabharata, Vanaparva, Ch 216, vs 14-15.
It means: That shudra who is ever engaged in self-control, truth and righteousness, I regard him a brahmin. One is a twice-born by conduct alone.
- Manipuri/Meiteilon: An Introduction
- History and Development of Manipuri Religion
- Manipuri, The
- Manipur:The Land of Jewels
- ::: Shumang Lila: Presentation & Representation of Culture :::
- THE MEITEI CULTURE AND RELIGION OF MANIPUR
- Thangal General, Charai Thangal And Pamheiba
- Manipuri Culture: Its growth and development
- Traditional Religion Of The Meiteis
- Manipur - DIMA