|Search user languages|
I generally live on the Big Island of Hawaii in an area called Ahualoa, doing software and agricultural consulting, as well as farming vegetables, chickens, and tea. I am the benevolent dictator of a open-source software project and information resource, the [Virtual Terrain Project]. I also maintain many websites for local non-profits, hosted on my server at http://ahualoa.net/
In October 2010, i moved to Berkeley to work as a geospatial visualization software engineer in the field of LIDAR mobile mapping. As of October 2011, i was at Google in Mountain View on the self-driving car team (which has its own article: Google driverless car).
My old personal website (from the dawn of the web) is http://washedashore.com/
I enjoy contributing minor corrections and additions to a large number of extremely diverse wikipedia subjects. I have created some articles:
- Ahualoa, my home.
- Alternanthera sissoo, Gynura crepioides: food plants that grow here in Hawaii.
- Megathyrsus maximus, an extremely common grass worldwide, which i was astonished to find did not have an article.
- Splendor, a disambiguation page.
- Waveform Records, a record label that was influential to many of us in the 90s.
- The Né River in France.
- Gereida, South Darfur, a town surrounded by Darfur's largest camp for IDPs.
- The Gove Dam on the Kunene in Angola.
- The Tendaho Irrigation Dam on the Awash in Ethiopia.
- Blind Mr. Jones, Adolfo Doring, Forbidden Warrior, Karl von den Steinen, Noel Botham, random things that caught my attention.
I have made some contributions to Romanian wikipedia, but since i am not a native speaker, i tend to limit myself to minor corrections and adding links.