A signature: Becks Talk to me
A smiley character symbol: ☺
Some quotes that are favorites or resonate in some way with me:
In theory, practice and theory are the same, but in practice, they are not. -- Anon
We see what we want to see, hear what we want to hear, and ultimately believe what we want to believe. AKA: Confirmation Bias
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail. -- Attributed to Mark Twain.
Our honesty is the biggest spiritual gift we can give each other. -- Nobbydude
Links to my subpages
- User:Becksguy/Deletion Discussions - List of deletion discussions I participated/am participating in.
- User:Becksguy/monobook.js - My monobook Java scripts.
- User:Becksguy/huggle.css - My Huggle settings.
- User:Becksguy/Information_Flow_on_Campus:_A_Closer_Look_at_Wikipedia - Text from 2600 article
Useful and Quick Links
- Wikipedia:Editor's index to Wikipedia
- wmf:Resolution:Biographies of living people - The Wikimedia Foundation Resolution on Biographies of living people.
- WP:BLP: Biographies of living persons must be written conservatively, with regard for the subject's privacy. Wikipedia is an encyclopedia, not a tabloid paper; it is not our job to be sensationalist, or to be the primary vehicle for the spread of titillating claims about people's lives. The possibility of harm to living subjects is one of the important factors to be considered when exercising editorial judgment.
- Wikipedia:Requests for arbitration/Badlydrawnjeff - Basic content inclusion principles for any article, especially including all biographies, should be "Do no harm" and "Respect basic human dignity", as shown in the WP:ArbCom case from 2007.
- Wikipedia:Requests for arbitration/Footnoted quotes - ArbCom case from which comes:
- WP:BLPBAN - Special enforcement on biographies of living persons.
Tools (Individualized for me)
Interiot's Tool hereAccount expired Interiot's Tool 1, Wannabe Kate hereAccount expired
- Soxred93 Edit Count here.
Tangotango hereAccount expired SQL Edit Report hereAccount expired RfA Stats hereAccount expired
- WikiChecker here
Useful Transcluded stuff
Note: inactive discussions, closed or not, should be archived.
Articles I created
- American Cookery - 29 May 2007
- Gaiety Theatre - 5 June 2007 (DAB page)
- Gaiety Theatre, New York (Male Burlesque) - 5 June 2007
- Culinary Historians of New York - Speedy deleted on 12 June 2007 (as it justifiably was)
- New York Native - 15 December 2007
- The Violet Quill - 12 June 2008
- Bert Powers - 13 December 2009
- My first edit on Wikipedia was on 19:42, 28 February 2007, with this edit:  - I was scared someone was going to come along and delete it. But it's still there.
- My 4,000th edit occurred on 11:11, 22 July 2010, with this edit:  - Not very impressive for almost 3.5 years.
|The Super Secret Barnstar|
|This user has found RyRy5 's Secret Page! Who will be next? Can you find my Secret Page? Ver. 2.5|
|The Red Barnstar|
|Because everybody loves you. David Shankbone 00:23, 1 December 2008 (UTC)|