|This page has been vandalised, 61 times. Lucky old me.|
So, here I am. This is my user page. Now what do I want to put here? Hello <waves>.
- 1 WikiProjects
- 2 Current Projects
- 3 To Do List
- 4 Useful Wiki Pages
- 5 Info pages
- 6 Appreciation
- 7 Articles
- 8 Photographs I've taken and uploaded
Wikipedia projects I am a member of.
- I am currently randomly going through Wikipedia and trying to neutralise the geographical knowledge required by a reader of any of the location articles. By this I mean that an article should not presume that the reader knows, for example, that Ohio is in the United States and that it should state in the opening sentence the country in which a location is located. This allows for easier reading and understanding by Wikipedians all over the world.
- Remove ' from decades. For example, 1920's should be 1920s, it's a plural not a possessive and there are no letters missing. Unfortunately this is an extremely common mistake so this project may take quite some time.
To Do List
- Continue with putting national identifiers in any locational articles that need them.
Useful Wiki Pages
A list of pages within Wikipedia that I find useful in my editing.
- How to deal with Vandalism
- Admin's how to guide
- Admin reading list
- How to list an article for deletion
- Candidates for Speedy Deletion
- Warning templates
All of us on Wikipedia do what we do because we enjoy it and like to contribute to a greater community and not to gain recognition by our peers. However saying that some people do recognise others contributions and I would like to thank them for it.
Recognition I've Received
The Red Maple Leaf Award
For your exceptional contributions to Canada related articles ... - Nerguy (talk) 20:29, 17 January 2008 (UTC)
|The Manifest Integrity Barnstar|
|Previously only awarded to Rockpocket - so you know what it's worth! Sarah777 (talk) 23:06, 2 December 2008 (UTC)|
|The Resilient Barnstar|
|You seem to get a lot of crap from people, but you take it in your stride and carry on regardless. Good to see :) Don't let anything or anyone get you down. Jeni (talk) 22:02, 28 September 2009 (UTC)|
|For your willingness to be patient and give other editors a chance to improve an article (that is admittedly a mess) and see if they can turn it into a useful addition to Wikipedia. Niteshift36 (talk) 14:40, 12 January 2010 (UTC)|
Recognition I've Awarded
The Original Barnstar
For dedication to your areas of expertise, your persistence in the face of vandalism and your NPOV and keeping your cool when others launch attacks on you. I think it's a long time coming. Canterbury Tail talk 08:23, 31 May 2006 (UTC)
|The Original Barnstar|
|I award you this Barnstar for your tireless work on Wikipedia especially in the realms of organising and sustaining the development of articles relating to Northern Ireland. Canterbury Tail talk 09:00, 24 January 2007 (UTC)|
|The Original Barnstar|
|Awarded to you for your excellent work on Canadian articles, especially those pertaining to Toronto. I've been meaning to give you it for a while, but kept forgetting. Keep up the very excellent work. Canterbury Tail talk 01:06, 24 April 2013 (UTC)|
Articles I've started
- Aviation related
- Geography related
- Food related
- Science Fiction
Photographs I've taken and uploaded
De Havilland Canada Beaver in Baxter Aviation livery
De Havilland Canada DHC-3 Otter in Harbour Air livery
A closeup of thatching on a roof.
Interior of Vancouver Library Square showing the library on the left, retail on the right and the office tower straight ahead.
The Westgate, Canterbury showing the opening and traffic.
The Athabasca glacier off the Columbia Icefield