My major interests are geography and biology (especially the Lauraceae family and botany in general). In my opinion botany is the scientia amabilis. The words scientia amabilis refer to a quotation from Swedish botanist Carl von Linné meaning loveable science.
I would like to congratulate Wikipedia, the unique really novel institution of the Third Millenium. Wikipedia represents the third shockwave in the over/information age. The first was Internet and second World Wide Web with hypertext. I think, therefore, that Wikipedia is a very important information source.
My Points of View
- about Cladistics (including Classification, Evolution and Phylogenetics concepts) at this page User:Berton/Cladistics
- on APG (Angiosperm Phylogeny Group) classification at User:Berton/APG.
- on PhyloCode at User:Berton/PhyloCode.
- on Malvales classification at User:Berton/Malvales.
- on a new classification of living beings at User:Berton/New classification sketch.
I like very much classical music, my favorite composers are:
I like to edit Wikipedia hearing Naxos Music Library and Qobuz streamings.
Wikipedian since June 19, 2005 (as anonymous user) .
Some articles that I have created
- Adolf Engler
- Hans Melchior
- August W. Eichler
- João Geraldo Kuhlmann
- Karl Anton Eugen Prantl
- Joseph Decaisne
- Achille Richard
- List of Abuta species
- List of Phacelia species
- Itanhandu (the place where I was born)
- Camoensia (plant)
- Kubitzki system
- Hutchinson system
- Goldberg system
- Bessey system
- Melchior system
- William Schaus
- Jean Weigle
- Nikolai Jakovlevice Kusnezov
- August Adriaan Pulle
Some articles that I have contributed
I firmly believe and I hope that Freedom and Justice will triumph ever.