User:Bill william compton/DYK
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- ... that Dear Friend Hitler, an Indian film, centres on letters written from Mahatma Gandhi to Adolf Hitler?
- ... that Qatar sent only male athletes to the inaugural Asian Para Games?
- ... that India's national badminton team reached the quarterfinals at the 2011 Sudirman Cup despite winning just one match?
- ... that in the 2011 Asian Athletics Championships, Mayookha Johny became only the second athlete from India to win a gold medal in the long jump event?
- ... that Amitabh Bachchan is the most frequent winner since 2000 at the National Film Award for Best Actor (India), winning two awards?
- ... that East Timor made its debut in the Asian Games in 2002, just after four months of its declaration of independence?
- ... that England ranked first in the 2011 Commonwealth Youth Games medal table?
- ... that Ifeany Otounye of the Turks and Caicos Islands set a new national record for long jump in the 2011 Commonwealth Youth Games?
- ... that Heamasi Sekona of Tonga won a bronze medal in the light heavyweight class of boxing in the 2011 Commonwealth Youth Games without winning a single bout?
- ... that Afghanistan returned to the Asian Games after the fall of the Taliban government in the midst of ongoing war?
- ... that a female taekwondo fighter, who wore a headscarf under her helmet, won the sole medal for Afghanistan at the 2002 Asian Games after the fall of the Taliban?
- ... that Malaysia won all but one gold medal at the badminton events of the 2011 Commonwealth Youth Games?
- ... that Monmouth Town Council (town hall pictured) was created because of a monopoly on trade?
- ... that India won only 9 medals in the 2011 Commonwealth Youth Games, comparing with 76 medals in the previous edition of the Games?
DYK hooks with more than one article
- ... that Dominica, Barbados, Solomon Islands, and Saint Kitts and Nevis were among ten nations that only won one bronze medal in the 2011 Commonwealth Youth Games?
- ... that Afghanistan, Burma, India, Pakistan, and Philippines were the first five members of the Asian Games Federation?
- ... that North Korea competed in an international sporting event hosted by South Korea for the first time in 2002?