- 1 About me
- 2 Current projects
- 3 Articles created, substantially edited or expanded
- 3.1 Episodes of The Simpsons
- 3.2 Other television programs
- 3.3 Celebrities
- 3.4 Fictional Television Characters
- 3.5 Television plots/developments
- 3.6 Businesses
- 3.7 Movies
- 3.8 Other articles
- 4 Wikipedia survey
- 5 Hello
I know that on Wikipedia, you're not really supposed to toot your own horn. But I though it was time to add some wiki User boxes so that some of you can get to know a little more about me.
My biggest project right now is creating a series of articles chronicling the history of country music. Pattered after the Years in Music, this series of articles about country music details year-by-year events, songs, awards, etc., in the genre.
This is a work in progress, and will be completed as time allows. I'll let you know how I'm progressing.
This is also a work in progress, but eventually, these two articles will eventually list all the daily, weekly and specialty newspapers published and circulated in both Iowa and Illinois.
I'd greatly appreciate help in expanding the Illinois list, but I think I have the Iowa list under control.
Like the list of newspapers in Iowa, I am creating a list of all Iowa public school districts. If you have anything to add, so long as it is a public school, just add it, so long as its verifiable. If the district has a Web site (not all do, amazinginly), please add it as well.
Articles created, substantially edited or expanded
Episodes of The Simpsons
- Homer Goes to College
- Bart Gets an Elephant
- Homer Bad Man
- Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming
- Lisa's Date with Density
- Hurricane Neddy
- The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show
- Grade School Confidential
- The Canine Mutiny
Other television programs
- "The $1,000,000 Chance of a Lifetime"
- "Dream House"
- "He Said, She Said (game show)"
- "The Magnificent Marble Machine"
Actors and actresses
Fictional Television Characters
This list will be expanded as I recall articles I created or extensively redid.
Hi. I'm doing a survey of Wikipedia editors as part of a class research project. It's quick, anonymous, and the data will be made available to the Wikipedia community later this month. Would you like to take part? More info here. Thanks! Nonplus 00:05, 2 April 2006 (UTC)
i see you put the bert is gay stuff back on. I dont think that should be on here since Children look at this.
- Edit history shows that User:18.104.22.168 made the last edit; please remember to sign your posts with four tildes (~). That said, our purpose with Wikipedia — and I'm going to make this argument two pronged — is not to cater to children or keep their sense of innocence afloat by stating potentially (but sourced) unflattering information about a fictional character in the article, and thus spoil their belief in a beloved TV character. We are an encyclopedia in that we must present our arguments in a neutral point-of-view way; in addition, if the information about the "Bert is gay" rumors is sourced, then as much as they are disturbing, they should remain in the article (and if you would have read the article, it states that Sesame Workshop has refuted the rumors and said, in essence, they are not gay; the fact that it needs a citation is beside the point, and will be addressed).
As you gain experience on here, IP user, you will get the idea. The other prong: That there are many other articles on here that "children look at" that are age-inappropriate, but we don't delete them or revise them because children might look at them. Our purpose on here — and somebody correct me if I'm mistaken — is to present information, not tailor it to a youthful audience. [[Briguy52748 (talk) 21:08, 23 March 2009 (UTC)]]